August Round-Up

Monday, September 3, 2007

Round up for August as per Katie's blog.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Face of fear - Dean Koontz; Vanishing Acts - Jodi Piccoult; Bought both these in at the Doctors office, they have a 50c book table

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
TV - psych, monk, American Chopper, LA Ink
movies - wildhogs; live fast die hard; weird science; escape from LA; evan almighty, Harry Potter. Towards the end of the month we watched a few films. Bobs hours kinda settled a little towards the end of August so we got a few days together here and there.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Bobs birthday, curryoake at the guys, Karaoke and Curry yum!

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Bob got the awesome present of nothing! seriously what do you get the guy with everything? He has all the gadgets etc. I guess this is the problem as you get older, you have everything! Anything we need we buy, anything we want we discuss and usually buy.
I got a little goodie package from UHU adhesives of more product to review. Love little packages like that in the mail.
Got a package from one heart... one mind with some papers etc in it, plus the point of sale leaflets with projects I created, plus saw my projects in their catalogue.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
No illnesses. My allergies seem to finally be under control thanks to the nasal spray (speaking of which I need to get another).

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Aforementioned party for Bobs birthday. Good night that! We went out with Chris and Alicia to Santa Barbara. Other than that Bobs work schedule has been crazy. Can't plan a darn thing. Still too hot to ride :( Even hotter over this holiday weekend! Dreading our electricity bill this month!!!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?

At the curryoake party Gautam, Sandeep and Shrikanth cooked for us. Being Indian they naturally made us some homemade curries which were awesome. Loved the aloo matar. We switched to a grainy bread this month, and are enjoying the par-baked rolls we found at Trader Joes!


What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Hmmm nothing I can think of? We spent a while looking at carpet and floor tile, the joys of home ownership!


What were this month's disappointments?
Other than the lack of Bob time? nothing else to report on this one.

What were my accomplishments this month?

Opened digi store at Treasures to Scrap. Got magazine assignments for cardmaker, and paper creations after they saw my work on display at CHA on the one heart... one mind booth. Creative Techniques picked up a digital layout! My first digi layout in print. Memory Makers picked up a layout (again one heart... one mind) for the Feb issue. All the pubs are for next year.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Asteroid shower, not as good as the one I watched previously but saw a couple. At the end of August we got our employment authorization cards, so hopefully that darn greencard isn't far behind! It's months now since they approved us.

Total craft projects
Another month where I didn't keep track! Need to get my list up and running again. Definitely missing this.

2 comments:

Me September 4, 2007 at 6:11 AM  

Awesome Month! Hope the weather gets cooler for you! It has started to here and is nice for evening walking now!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com