Button button, who's got the button

Friday, October 19, 2007

That would be ME! Lots of them in fact. Got a little goodie package from Boxer yesterday, all of their new buttons! Yep this little lot are the new buttons from Boxer, all color matched to co-ordinate with the new papers from Boxer.


Naturally they stayed in the packets for about 2 minutes then I ripped them open to play! Emptied them out into one of the small drawers I keep my manufacturer embellishments in. Something about the process of digging through a mish mash of buttons takes me right back to my childhood and sifting through my mothers, and grandmothers button tin. I think these are very reminiscent of that because these have such different shapes and styles. Amazing how something like that can trigger memories.

I'm still working on Boxer projects (and other stuff) but hope to be able to share some things soon with their new papers. The design team have been working on calendar projects, so keep checking the design team blog for inspiration! I have to say if you've never made your own calendar this would be a great project for kids!!! I have loved doing mine. The calendar and sticker packs make it quick, and easy.

I have a TON more Christmas cards to share soon, need to get them photographed today. Also working on stuff for November. Lots to do today so I better get busy!

2 comments:

Beverley Todd October 19, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

LOL! I actually have my mother's old button tin (& I still use it for buttons!) My stepfather was trying to throw it out, so I finally inherited it! It has the most hideous 1970s sticky backed plastic covering - but I can't bring myself to change it in any way.

Made by Mandy October 20, 2007 at 3:23 AM  

I used to love playing with my Grandma's button tin, boy oh boy do I wish I still had it. It would have been amazing to still have those. Over the years I have amassed my own collection in a big glass jar, pretty to look ay but not the same sound !

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com