Round Up September

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Round up. For those not familiar with the monthly round up you can find details on Katie's blog.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
As per usual all scrapbooking related. Oh I did dig out my cookbooks so does that count?

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
TV - September sees the end of programs and the start of new season! I can only say two words: greys anatomy! I love that program.
movies - um transformers and some others that I can't remember. I actually liked transformers though, didn't think I would but I did!

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Our anniversary! Did do much other than go for a meal.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
RAK from Jolene (thanks sweetie!) she sent some gorgeous doggy scrapbook goodies, girl knows me well! Product - got the new Boxer seasonal papers! Loving the fall, halloween and valentine papers! Oh and they have more new stuff coming soon, can you believe that? Hope to share some projects with those products soon.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Flu bug thing the end of September, still kinda battling that really. Other than that nothing really.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Ate out a fair bit in September, with friends. Trips to Hawelli, and Woodlands, we're both pretty much loving Indian cuisine. Some fun evenings at Gautams, Shrikanth & Sandeeps. Trying to arrange cooking lessons from them. Took the dogs to the beach! Fun day out that was!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Trying to make a decent curry that Bob likes. Its an ongoing project. Seems Saturdays are experimental Indian Cuisine night! Oh went to go to Natural Cafe here, new place was supposed to open on the 21st but apparently they are running behind cos the workmen were still building the insides! It's supposed to be open now according to their website, I'll pop by sometime this week and see.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Nothing huge, usual stuff. I did have to buy a white plate and bowl to go with a project I was working on. Thank heavens for the Dollartree!

What were this month's disappointments?
Don't think I had any. Realized that the projects you really think are gonna get picked up DON'T and the ones you think will never get picked up actually DO! Weird industry.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Few things picked up for publication. Trying in vain to get organized and on a schedule and actually achieving it for about 3 days till I got a urgent assignment. Keep trying Di!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
I have a terrible memory, despite my playing brain age to retain information it's not getting any better.


2 comments:

Margie from CuraƧao October 7, 2007 at 3:16 PM  

HI Di,I lov eyour blog and sketches! Guess what you have been TAGGED! I hope you can play along, please go here for the rules.
Thanks http://margiescreativity.blogspot.com/

Aimeslee Winans October 8, 2007 at 1:02 AM  

Di, I admire you for doing this every month. I hope it's helpful. I tried it for 3 months and it's a great theory but no help to me really. Then again, I'm awful weird, lol.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com