Some digital layouts!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I bet you all thought I'd forgotten how to do digital layouts huh? I admit it's been a while. Even the digital stuff of my own and Scrapstreet digital stuff has been converted to hybrid projects lately! Anyway good to get back to basics and get some digi layouts done.

Each month at the EDS blog we have digital sponsors and this month was Verna Grant. She was gracious enough to give us three kits to play with. I admit I struggled with the Halloween kit. I really think I was going through a digital layout creative block, plus honestly I am running out of Halloween pics!

Verna Grant "Spookfest" kit; font: Coffee Break


Initially when I saw the "school days" title of the next kit I was skeptical as I don't have kids and have very few school pics. But I think this layout shows that even themed kits can be used for other purposes. Plus I loved the papers in this one. In case you can't tell it's the multiple choice test paper! Very fun. The first thing that came to mind was "Test!" and the layout just grew from there.

Verna Grant "School Days" kit; font: Wonderful Wendy; Alpha: Kim Hill;
Journal spot from Geometric funk: Verna Grant



The next layout is using the geometric funk. The colors in this are tones of browns, deep red and soft blue. The browns and blues immediately made me think of this recent photo from our trip out to the beach with the girls. Loving the 8 1/2 x 11 page format. Back to my clean and simple roots for this one!

Verna Grant "Geometric Funk" Kit; Font: Wonderful Wendy

There we go, some digital for the week! Trying to get some blog posts prepped and ready to go for the weeks ahead. Did I mention it's blowing a GALE here today? Santa Ana winds for sure! The tree across the road lost a branch overnight and one of our (fake) window shutters got partially ripped off the wall. I won't even go into the state of the pool right now!!!

More creativity coming soon!

2 comments:

Jolene October 21, 2007 at 10:52 AM  

I particularly like your ocean layout. Nice job!

grambie October 23, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

Yeah for the digital layouts. I see that wonderful photo and the bike and just had to smile. Wonderful patterns that definitely add dimension and depth to your digital designs. So beautiful with all the various muted colors. Love the brown. HUGS!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com