Signs of fall

Thursday, November 15, 2007

So does it feel like fall where you are? Here in Southern California I don't think the weather knows WHAT to do! Seriously! It's cold for a few days, we turn on the heat, and throw on the comforter. Then days later it's back in the 90's and we have the a/c on! No wonder everyone is coming down sick.

Anyway here is a hybrid layout I can share. Used the ZingBOOM kit for SIStv. Loved the SEI papers (seems to be my SEI month!), they are sponsoring the EDS blog this month along with April Stalker (more to come with her digital products soon!). Yes, that is INKING you can see on the edges, no-one faint!


Supplies: Scrap in Style kit; Journal panel by April Stalker "signs of fall" kit; Misc. Brads; Ink: Around the block; "autumn" ribbon slide: dollartree;

The cutie pie in the photo is my friend Nancy's daughter, Bella. More projects with the SIS kit coming soon!

In other news I made bread yesterday! We've had a breadmaker a while and though the bread is ok with it, I hate that the centre has a huge hole where the mixer 'blade' is and ruins slices of bread. Well many months ago we got this silicone bakeware set from Costco, and well long story short I did the mixing in the bread machine and baked it in the silicone bread pan. This is the result!



No more buying loaves for us! Definitely worth the extra little effort. And I get to say "I made this!"

Back tomorrow with more creative stuff...

Di

4 comments:

My Paper World November 15, 2007 at 10:27 AM  

Beautiful layout, and your bread looks yummy!

Me November 15, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

I hate those little holes too because the heel is my favorite. I do it the same way but haven't use that type of pan. I will have to check it out. Great Layout of Bella.

Jolene November 15, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

Inking and fresh baked bread? Two of my favorite things! (Just not together.) Love the layout.

Anonymous,  November 16, 2007 at 7:48 AM  

beautiful layout:) I`v left a card on my blog for your challenge, many thanks :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com