So, October....

Sunday, November 4, 2007

time goes too fast. Mom and Dad got picked up by the shuttle yesterday afternoon and called today to say they got back ok. Lots of emails to wade through, so if you're expecting an email from me, give me a little more time.

Got a ton of pics to sort out too. Some from the California end of their trip and some from New York. Didn't take as many photo's as I thought we would, strange how that works out.

So yeah, I'm back. Back to blogging normally and my table is all set up in my room and ready for creating! Which is a good job cos I got deadlines looming. I've already been cardmaking this morning, lots to work on and hope to share more stuff soon!!! In the meantime here is Octobers round-up...


October Round up
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Was there time? I don't think so!!! I read a couple of scrap magazines. Well kinda. I flicked through, looked at the pics and browsed when I had a spare minute or two.

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
All the usual stuff. Watched some movies with my parents, just stuff on TV while we chilled at home. Lots of our regular shows to catch up on this month.

What special days did I celebrate and how?
Halloween! Love Halloween. Usually we're not big into Holidays (we didn't even put a tree up last winter!) but Halloween we definitely celebrate! Went out for extra candy Wednesday morning. Mum was in charge of counting the trick or treaters. Last year we had 75. This year? 112!!! Not sure where the extra kids came from but I started to get worried when 3/4 of candy was gone in the first hour. After that it slowed down and in the end we were left with 2 twix and 1 kitkat. Not bad! Love seeing all the costumes.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Product from Design Teams as usual. Got a card kit for a guest design position I had in October, very fun! Mum and Dad brought us a few things from England, but the best thing was seeing them again, been a while!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Allergies were a nightmare. Wildfires close by meant ash everywhere so we've been sniffling more than usual. I hate the fire season, and these recent ones were made especially bad considering some were arson! Urgh! Seriously!

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Trips out shopping with parents. Took them to the beach. Also went to the Griffith Observatory (complete wash out 'cos he planetarium was broken!), and the zoo (again). Other than that just regular stuff, hanging out with friends and family.

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
No new restaurants (before my Mom corrects me the Indian place was in November! News on that in Nov round-up) but we sure ate out a lot this month! Whenever we have guests we do eat out a lot. Both of us being vegetarian we don't allow meat in the house so eating out gives everyone the option to eat what they want.

What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Parents were here so lots of trips out and shopping. Didn't buy much though so pretty good overall.

What were this month's disappointments?
Just the fires being close again. Definitely brought back memories of 2003 and 2005. Seems to be a 2 year cycle of fires near us, weird. The biggest disappointment is that the place we ride at burned. All of Rowher and Drink water burned. So now we'll have to travel to Gorman to ride (not only further but also sandy, don't like that so much).

What were my accomplishments this month?
Yep had a good month, some things picked up for publication. Always love seeing those emails *grin*

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Mom and Dad came to visit from England! Haven't seen them since May 2006 so been a while! Always fun to have house guests, especially family. Got to show Mum my ever expanding stash of scrap supplies and taught her a few new (to her) techniques. We went scrap shopping and stocked her up with supplies. Apparently the choice isn't as good in England

Total craft projects - I gave up counting... I think a million cards and a handful of layouts. Definitely a cardmaking month!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com