Scrapstreet October Pubs

Friday, November 2, 2007


Ok sharing projects published in the Scrapstreet October issue. The theme throughout the mag was obviously was fall, and halloween for most the articles, with some technique stuff thrown in for good measure. Like my Hybrid article on transparancies. Always something for everyone at Scrapstreet!

The October manufacturer showcase was Paper Trunk. Now I touched on them during the blog action day and hope to get a full review done later this month, but I thoroughly enjoyed working with their papers, and hope to see more from them in the future.

I made this layout for the showcase article. It's a layout of our friends Nigel and Kerry's dog, little Ollie. Love him to bits, totally cute and adorable. Naturally not as cute and adorable as MY dogs but still...

Supplies: Cardstock/PP: Paper Trunk; Chipboard Alpha: Lil Davis; Rub-on: Basic Grey

Also got time to do a card with the Paper Trunk products. Love the floral paper in their line. Also these papers are from both lines, so I LOVE that each line can co-ordinate with each other, gotta love companies that do that.

Supplies: Cardstock/PP: Paper Trunk; Sticker: DCWV

This card was in the Cards article, all Halloween cards in October. This was probably the beginning of my dabble into mixing patterned paper manufacturer. I usually like to keep to the same manufacturer, but I have started to force myself out my box.
Cardstock: DCWV; PP: Reminisce & DCWV; Brads: MM; Fabric Tag: Colorbok

Old layout that got picked up for the fall layouts section. Bob took the pic in Fall 2005. I still have that yellow fleece. Funny how now I look at this and think about the Ford Windstar I was driving.

Credits: Fall kit by Spink (www. scrapstreet.com)

I did this layout for the pet section. You all know torture my dogs by dressing then up. I'm not mean I just love a good photo, and it's good training for them, yes that's it... training!

Credits: Paper, Ribbon and Tab: Holiday Sampler kit by Shabby Princess; Notepaper: Sweet Summer Bliss kit by Shelle Pukas.

As always the free digi kit, was distributed to the digital team and we had fun with this Halloween kit by Katey. You can snag the kit from the scrapstreet digi store.


I'll admit I struggle with some digi kits. Paper supplies I can make work but digital sometimes I just get a creative block.I made this layout and it's one that I would call "ok". I have been struggling lately with using the digital stuff for 100% digital layouts. Mostly I've been doing hybrid, and thats great but it seems I lost my digi layout mojo. If you find it, please return!

Credits: Scrapstreet Halloween Harvest kit by Handmaid Designs, Font: SP Coffee Break.

So there you have it, projects from Scrapstreet October issue! Oh and the November issue is up now and ready for viewing. Also the latest calls are out for the January issue, check it out!

1 comments:

grambie November 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM  

I received my newsletter yesterday afternoon but did not get a chance to view it. So, it is nice to see your beautiful layouts and designs from the October Scrapstreet NL. As usual your collage of sketches are just awesome and I couldn't stop laughing over the bottom photo of your dog. I guess by now he is used to you and your camera. He is just setting their knowing that his photo is great. Have a beautiful weekend. I understand that your cup is overflowing. So enjoy your family, first things first. I will be here waiting for your next publications. So have fun.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com