Round Up: November

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The monthly round-up is something I found on Katie's blog ages ago and adopted as something I do every month! Check out her site and join in!

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Books: Life Artist by Ali Edwards. Though I'm still reading it. I'm about 2/3 through and loving it so far. Magazines: Simple Scrapbooks Nov/Dec edition. I'm also going through some old mags and culling a few.


What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?
Not many! Other than Greys Anatomy and House there isn't much "must see" TV on right now. I'm trying to find other ways to use my time that sitting in front of the TV at night (see note above about magazines). Really need to use this time more wisely.


What special days did I celebrate and how?
Parents left on the 3rd, always sad to see people go, but on the bright side I got creating again! Thanksgiving was fun with Gautam, Srikanth and Sandeep. We had traditional (well kinda) dinner with Indian evening food. Did we mention we love Indian food?

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Hmmm, got to think now. I got a RAK from Sher at scrap-diner, a RAK from Jennie, and some cards. Don't think I gave any gifts this month, or if I did I can't remember! Unless you count the blog sketches and templates of course, but thats something I do every month.


What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Some weird bug that Bob brought home from work. Dizzy, sickly and generally blergh. Bob really hasn't been well recently. But the weather has been all over the place! Warm and windy with fire warnings, and actual fires. Then a total cold snap where we drag out the sweaters, gloves and turn up the heating. Crazy weather here!


What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Just time with family the first few days of November while they were still here. Played a lot of "Rock Band" this month with friends. Totally fun that game!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
We went to "Royal Delhi Palace". Excellent food but a little pricey. Worth it though! We tried making mushroom masala and failed. Had a cooking lesson from Srikanth and Sandeep and hopefully will be able to recreate the recipe this time! We have however conquered Aloo Matar in our Indian cooking, loving that!


What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Bought scrapbook album and some papers from Scrap-Diner. I am moving to D-ring albums. Wanted to try one of the American Crafts albums. Now to just get it out the box! *sigh* Bob bought a 'new' truck. It's actually a 2006 model but we got a deal on it and he loves it.


What were this month's disappointments?
My parents leaving after their vacation. Every time family leaves you always think of things you didn't do (like take more photo's). I didn't leave enough time for digital designing this month. Need to get new items in the store but just ran out of time doing other stuff.


What were my accomplishments this month?
Um, Simple Scrapbooks picked up a favorite layout of mine for their March/April edition. Cardmaker picked up some projects. Paper Trends picked up a card, my first with them so very excited about that. Got a mention in Scrapbook Dimensions winter mag! Creative Techniques picked up 2 hybrid cards. Scrap & Stamp arts magazine came out with one of my cards in it. Also a few projects picked up by ezines.

Anything else noteworthy to record?
Why yes! But, my lips are sealed for now! Oh and I most likely going to CHA winter again. Just need to finalize dates etc.

Ok thats it for me, more creations coming tomorrow!!
hope you're enjoying your weekend!

hugs

Di

1 comments:

nancypinct December 2, 2007 at 11:22 PM  

Hi Diane -
I just thought you might like to know that the download for the scrapbook page is not working - says file not found! Am I too late?
Thanks!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com