Review: Fiskars acrylic stamps

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

One of my favorite stamp sets lately are the Fiskars acrylic stamps. I've mentioned them in supply lists a lot lately and well quite frankly this isn't really a review it's more like a "go get some!". I got my first set from my local Joanns, which was the sentiment set. Used that a while, then got the thanks set. Which I totally love. And my recent purchase is the Just between friends set.

The stamps come on an 8x8 package, priced at $14.99, so yes you get a lot of bang for your buck. Especially taking into consideration I got mine from Joanns with a 40% coupon. As with a lot of acrylic stamps I find the key to a good image is TOTALLY dependent on priming the stamps (especially if you want to use markers) and having good quality inks. Out of the three sets I have I use the thanks set the most. As shown below on this card

Supplies: cardstock: Bazzill; Ink: Tim Holtz; Stamp: Fiskars; Paper, Ribbon, Acrylic & Photo Corner all by one heart... one mind;

If anything the ONLY problem I can see with the fiskars stamp sets is that some are a little cutesy. I'd like a birthday set that caters more to adults than children. Something a little more elegant. I'd like a birthday set that doesn't have candles, balloons or other cutesy stuff (the cupcakes I could live with *wink*). In all though the sentiment sets especially are definitely worth the $$!

Like I said, not really much of a review. I love them, I'm hooked and waiting for more to be released... gonna keep my eyes open for the fiskars booth at CHA.

card sketch coming tomorrow!

Di

5 comments:

Jolene January 22, 2008 at 12:03 PM  

I own several of these Fiskars stamps sets (also with 40% off coupons) and love them. You nailed it - they are a great buy especially for the sentiments.

Susie Little January 22, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

I might just NEED these!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous,  January 22, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Darling card Di.

just in case you didn't know...I appreciate you. Thanks for being there to make me smile!

hugs,
Sher

Pearl January 23, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

Ooo I do have the set of mixed sentiments on the left but find some of the sentiments rather large in size ! I must use them more tho' - I always have this feeling that i should emboss them to do them justice but i guess not ! thanks for the inspiration Di !

Anonymous,  January 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM  

Thanks for sharing. Love mine too! Love how you used them!
Cheryl Waters
Fiskateer #002
www.fiskateers.com/blog

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com