Last Minute Valentines?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Valentines day is just days away, are you ready? If not, then don't worry the folks at Daisy D have your back! They have available some cute little Valentine kits to make Valentine cards and gifts super easy! Everything you need is included in the boxes, except adhesive and the candy!

On of my favorite things lately is making little gift bags and boxes so these kits were right up my street! The treat bag kit has the pre-printed bag toppers, bags, and ribbon. Just fill the bags up with candy, add the topper and ribbon and you're ready to give them away!

I guess the blank panel would be good for the recipients name, but I chose a little stamping in that area. Have to say this was a fun project, and you get enough supplies for 10 treat bags. The bag toppers are reversable so I did one of each to show you the patterns. I like the one on the left, little more traditional looking, whereas the one on the right is more modern.

extra supplies: "love ya" stamp by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms; Sweetheart stamp from Michaels

The matchbox kit was my favorite out the four kits. I love anything that requires assembly and these are so cute! This kit contains supplies for 5 matchboxes, including the flowers and buttons. This would be a great container for a small gift like jewelry or even for gift cards, the finished size was 3.5" x 2" x 0.5" big enough for a gift but nice enough you can fit it in your pocket!
The kit has all the supplies for 5 matchboxes, including the matching flowers and buttons. Easy to put together with the enclosed instructions (each kit comes with an instruction sheet), though I advise putting adhesive on the "drawer" as the flaps didn't stay firmly closed, just a little double sided tape did the trick! (apologies for the poor photo, just couldn't get a good pic of this!)


Another favorite of the kits was this gift box set. Super cute, and fun! Like little take out boxes full of candy fun!
This kit makes 4 boxes, which when assembled are approximately 5" x 3" x 2". Again everything you need is included bar the adhesive. The little tags with the chains we're cute and a fun embellishment! I put candy in mine but this could fit a small gift.


And lastly the card kit. I'm going to be honest and say I wasn't a big fan of the card kit. Maybe it was the small cards, maybe it was because I didn't like the pre-printed embellishments for the cards, maybe it was that when folded they don't line up front and back (they are offset about 1/4"), I don't know. But they matched the other kits and so I had to play! This kit was the first one I opened and I have to say I was more thrilled with the packaging than the product.These boxes will take on a new life at some point as I just added them to my 'alterable containers" closet.
And here are all the projects together, love how they all match. Yes all the treat bags/boxes are filled with Hershey's kisses because that's all I had. Fun projects, and really easy to do, perfect craft project with children!


The kits are priced around $7.99 each and worth it if you're in a pinch! Afterall what you're paying for with kits is the convenience of having the die cut shapes to simple fold and adhere. Each piece took minutes to do, so they really are quick and easy projects!

More soon!

Di

2 comments:

Unknown February 12, 2008 at 1:48 PM  

WOW!! Those are all super cute!!!

Fab February 12, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

I love them, they almost like (some of them) like old Victorian boxes. Not the style but the shape...I would feel them up with Quality Street ! LOL

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com