Tutorial Tuesday - hybrid card

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

This card is one I shared a few weeks ago and suddenly realized I never put the tutorial on the blog. The tutorial was featured in the Prima Hybrid newsletter and is also in the Prima Hybrid forums. February has been a real brain frenzy for me, my train of though is totally fried, with all these new idea's and plans rolling around in my head. Hoping to get things somewhat organized by March!

Cherish Always Hybrid Card by Di Hickman

Digital Supplies
One sweet day” paper pack by Corinna Nielsen (prima hybrid)
One sweet day” embellishment pack by Corinna Nielsen (prima hybrid)

Physical Supplies
White Cardstock
Prima Patterned paper – Steel Toe Mary Jane
Prima Ribbon – Elysee Ribbon
Black ink by Around the Block
Chipboard Heart by Heidi Swapp
Paper trimmer, scissors
Adhesive, Dimensional adhesive, Glue dots

Tutorial
1. Using a graphics program of your choice, open a blank 8.5x11 inch document @ 300 dpi. Open striped paper from “one sweet day” kit, and drag onto open document. Resize paper using the move tool, till the paper is 8.5” wide and 5.5” high. This will form your card base once printed.

2. Open the word art images from the digital kit and drag onto the open document. Arrange the words so that none overlap.

3. Print out document using borderless option, onto white high quality cardstock, and allow sufficient time to dry. [I printed with my Epson RX680, onto white cardstock].


4. Trim the printed elements from the sheet. Scored the striped cardstock and fold in half to form a card base. Ink all the edges using black ink. Trim the blue patterned paper to 5.5” wide x 1.5” high, again ink all edges, and then adhere to the bottom of the card base.

5. Using strong adhesive [I used glue dots], adhere ribbon across the paper join. Trim edges with scissors. Using dimensional adhesive, attach chipboard heart to card. Ink edges of word art strips, and adhere to card.

Tutorial by Di Hickman
published in Prima Hybrid newsletter February 2008

Card sketch tomorrow!!!

Di

2 comments:

Brooke - in Oregon February 26, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

Another great card! Inking is one of the things I miss about digi. Good thing I can get my hands 'inky' making cards now and then!! :)

Anonymous,  February 27, 2008 at 8:08 AM  

That is gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com