Sharing: Mothers day cards

Sunday, March 2, 2008

I know my American readers (and other countries) will be reading todays blog post, frantically checking their calendars and then thinking I've totally lost the plot, but today IS Mothers Day... in the UK. And so I celebrate! Not sure if many of my newer blog readers know, but yes I am British. Been living in America for 7 years, but born and raised in Derby. Our family still lives there, so I have to send cards etc on the British Mother's Day. So yeah, basically HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM! You all know she reads the blog (and is on the card sketch team) so had to send a shout out to my Mum! I don't share a whole lot of personal stuff on the blog but she's been going through some tough times lately with health issues, and I just want her to know I love her, and think about her often, even though I'm miles away.

So anyway, I figure I'd share some Mothers day cards today! This one is pretty basic, and was one of those done in a "my creative mojo left me and I gotta work through it" phases back in late 2007. Also as you can tell, in my bling phase.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Punch: EK Sucess; Rhinestones: Westrim Crafts; All other supplies by one heart... one mind;


Sometimes when I make cards I just go with it. I'm not usually one to put the panels right in the center of a card, my design instinct says "off center" but I think in this case it works for this card.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; All other supplies by one heart... one mind;

So with that, I wish all you Mom's in the UK a happy Mothers Day!

Hugs

Di

2 comments:

Unknown March 2, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

I made a hybrid digi mothers day card - using one of your templates.

I don't have it in a gallery yet but it is on my blog

http://welcometomyworldjanmary.blogspot.com/2008/02/hybrid-digi-scrapping-mothers-day-and-2.html

Brooke - in Oregon March 2, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Great card ideas, thank you and yes you totally freaked me out! lol

Sending your Mom a Happy Mother's day from Oregon and I hope whatever health issues are bothering her will be healed quickly! :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com