Round-Up February

Monday, March 3, 2008

As usual, each month I do a monthly round-up as started on Katie's blog, totally embraced by me. I love this monthly record of things done each month. Honestly I struggle to remember what I do each week let alone each month! So this is a good reminder! Plus it's a good post to do each month without posting lots of personal 'stuff' every day.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
Not a one! And thats sad. Mostly because I flipped this month. You know, where you just flip through the magazines but don't actually READ anything? I have a ton of magazines and books from CHA to read so March will probably be a big reading month!

What movies did I watch this month?
"Tenacious D: the pick of destiny", one of those films that looked better in the previews. I do think Jack Black is funny but this film, dunno just wasn't that impressed. I've been watching some British TV shows so maybe I'm just missing British humor lately. No-one does funny like us Brits!


What special days did I celebrate and how?
February is the big V-day but we don't celebrate it, and any respectable persons goes out on ANY day but Valentines day, way too busy! Our HUGE news for the month, year, heck DECADE is that we got our GREENCARDS! We're permanent residents of the USA now! Oh and there was CHA of course, but more on that later.

What gifts did I give and/or receive?
Totally embracing the Friday Freebie here on the blog! February was the first full month of a weekly freebie on the blog and it went well! Gifts I received well I went to CHA and got some goodies, plus I got my kit from Scrapbook Sussies as I'm the Guest Design team member for March. I also got boxes from Boxer, one heart... one mind and scrapbooking.com ezine.

What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
Nothing, few aches and pains from snowboarding but I healed... lol! Totally thought I may have broken or dislocated my right shoulder, but I think I just really badly sprained it. In hindsight NOT the best thing to do 2 days before going to CHA! Dogs got attacked on the 29th. Not bad, but enough to warrant a vets visit.

What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
Well first there was snowboarding at Mt High! First time I've boarded, so all my gear was rented. Honestly I'm not a cold weather person. Well ok I am, IF I'm inside in the warm, drinking cocoa. I like snow. I like seeing it, walking in it, and playing in it. I DON'T like cold that much. Couple that with the fact that I was falling over every two minutes and my knees were bruised and sore I really wasn't in my element.

I enjoyed what standing up boarding I did. I'd love to say "Oh I'll stick to skiing" but I don't do that well either, having only been twice before. I do admit at one point seeing the snowmobiles and being tempted to just go thrashing about on one of those! Now THAT looks fun!

What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
Tried a couple of new places in February. First up was the Dosa Place, which Gautam raved about. Loved the Dosa, and the masala vada (need to learn how to make these!!!) but the curry we had... kinda blah.


What special or unusual purchases did I make?
Other than paying for hotel and food at CHA? Well I bought some new clothes! I hate clothes shopping with a passion. Through February I got 2 new pairs of jeans, 4 new pairs of pants (cargo's - so comfortable!!!), new underwear, new socks, and some new toiletries. Big spending month really from me. Despite that though I need to do the shopping thing more often, rather than one or two big blow outs a year. I would have bought some new tops but I couldn't find any I liked.

What were this month's disappointments?
I discovered Creative Techniques is ceasing publication! That is sad. I also found out that even though I only just started teaching at Michaels they are ceasing all classes (except the Wilton cake decorating ones). This is NATIONWIDE, while they 'restructure' their instructor program. I've seen a lot of changes in the industry lately.

What were my accomplishments this month?
Got my first layout in Memory Makers! It's of my husband Bob so I have both dogs and my hubby published in magazines now!


February was the first month I saw MULTIPLE magazines on the newsstands with my projects in! That was very cool! I have a few issues out now with my cards and layouts in. As well as February Memory Makers I have layouts in March/April Simple Scrapbooks, Paper Creations Spring issue, Scrapbook Dimensions Spring issue, and Scrap & Stamp Arts April issue.

Few more things picked up for publication, including Paper Creations, Cards magazine and Scrapbooking & Beyond! First time with Cards and Scrapbooking & Beyond so I'm excited about that!

Anything else noteworthy to record?
February was a whirlwind month. With CHA projects to do, usual assignments, actually attending CHA, working the ohom booth, all the new clothes and lots of new scrapping goodies. I made the decision at the month end to catch up on projects, try to get ahead so that I could re-organize this room. So far I'm 90% through organizing my patterned paper. That took an afternoon! Good news is I can SEE my scraptable again!!!

2 comments:

Linda F. March 3, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

Wow! You had quite a month! congrats on the Green Cards! Wow! And I agree with your Tenacious D comment. I LOVE Jack Black (2nd only to Kevin Smith as far as American comedians go). But I'll just quote you: "no one does humor like the Brits"! I must have been one in another life! LOL!

Zarna March 3, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

I agree give me John Cleese or Rowan Atkinson any day!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com