Card Sketch April #3

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back to a semi-normal for me! My hand is healing well, thanks for the comments and emails! It has to be about 70% of the way to normal now. Just time and lots of vitimin E right now to stop scarring.

Anyway here is this weeks sketch. Lots of layering and space in the center for a sentiment panel or stamp. As usual the digital template will be available in my store for a short time. So grab it while you can!


Now although initially this one looks easy, don't let it fool ya! I struggled with this one, and a few of the sketch girls said the same. But, it's all about finding the right papers! Once you get 'the' papers you're fine. Notice again how I'm using my stash! Woohoo! Seriously loving stamped stitching right now!

"thank you" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Around the Block; Stamp: Autumn Leaves; Ink: Ranger; Ribbon: one heart... one mind



Love this card from Kim. Funny how we both had the same idea to stitch around the edge instead of layer. Only Kim wasn't as lazy as me and actually used real stitching not stamps! lol!

"Smile" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Patterned Paper; Bo Bunny, Dream Street, Doodlebug Design, and Crate paper, Stamp; Cornish Heritage Farms, Ink; Stazon, Flower; Prima, Brad; Making Memories




In her email Natalie said she swears she used the sketch, lol. I can see it. But that's the great thing about sketches. You can just use them for inspiration and see where they take you.

"I'll be your Umbrella" card by Natalie Dever
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific; Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee; Stamps: My Favorite Things; Ink: Ranger, CTMH, Copic; Other: ribbon, machine stitching, buttons



Mandy chose a hybrid card this week, and she is rocking the hybrid. The center panel with the bird is a digital download she printed and added to the card. Very cool!

"Just for You" card by Amanda Cruxton
Supplies: Cardblank Docrafts, papers Dovecrafts Contemporary Laura Ashley collection, cream & blue cardstock from stash edged with Brilliance pearlescent inkpad, Digital Little birdie by imaginebyfran accented with Sakura clear glitter pen and the sentiment is a freebie magazine rub-on.



Another hybrid card from Karen! Loving this one! So cute! The bird panel is so perfect for a new home card!

"Welcome Home" card by Karen Leahy
Supplies: K and Co Ancestry papers; PC Hugware; Chalk inks; Foam pads; Sewing machine




Kristin rocked the sketch this week! Absolutely love this one! Such soft colors can sometimes get lost on a card, but the layering really works, and the end result is stunning!

"Laugh, Laugh, Love" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: DCWV embossed cardstock, Colorbox chalk inks, Scenic Route Lyndon Patterned Paper, Colorbok chipboard, Autumn Leaves stamp, StazOn ink, Cuttlebug embossed Bazzill



Jan's card is popping with color this week! Love that pop of red! Lots of texture and loving those papers!

"thanks" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: Making Memories; Cardstock: Bazzill, The Paper Co; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink; Embellishment: O'scrap; Rub: Crate




Jo opted for an altered project and you all know I LOVE seeing the sketches used in different ways! Very cute altered box that shows how versatile sketches are! Great project!

"Just for You" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Crafter’s Companion top-score multiboard to make the box, Papermill card, My Mind’s Eye Magnolia papers, vintage Letraset rub-on lettering, unknown make of ribbon, black Signo pen HOTP button and some rhinestones.




Mum went with a blue and green color scheme, and I am happy to see she is still stamping :) She better get used to it, I bought her some more this month! lol!

"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



Very cool striking card fro Beverley this week! This really grabs your eye! Love the touches of stitching to mimic the ric rac!

"You're a star" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers, rub ons (letters, frames, arrows): Luxe Designs; Gems: A Muse; 1/6" ric rac: Bazzill Basics; Cardstock from stash




Chrys opted for one of my favorite color schemes, I love how reds and pinks pop against black and white! Totally classic. Yet, it works well for more contemporary cards too!

"Save the date" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Collage Press pattern paper; Scenic Route chipboard; Prima flowers; Autumn Leaves buttons




Annette made a lovely gatefold card this week. I love the papers and colors on this! Great card.

"Flower Gatefold" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: KI Lace cardstock, Fancy Pants Crush Patterned paper and die cuts, Bazzill Cardstock, Cinnamon Stickles, Papermania brad, Colorbox chalk ink




Love the felt accent on this card by Raechelle! Another hybrid card, which I lost count, that's a few right this week! The girls are getting digi with it! Remember any digi papers can be printed and used as normal paper!

"Way to Go" card by Rachelle Bellus
supplies: cardstock: WorldWin and DCWV; patterned paper: Flower Stand Kit by Scrapkitchen Designs and Shabby Miss Jenn; ink: Colorbox; felt: Creative Cafe and Fancy Pants Designs; chipboard: Scenic Route; DMC Floss; rhinestones: Doodlebug; rubons: Making Memories; Glimmer Mist: Tattered Angels




Love the sentiment on this "you hoo" so cool for those owl papers and stamps out there right now! Such a great colorful card!

"You Hoo" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : Sassafrass Lass Serendipity pps, Bazzill Cardstock




When I saw this card by Kelly I had to email her and tell her how much I loved it. I really think it's her best work (that I've seen). Just stunning! Totally my style, and I am LOVING that paper by Heidi Grace! Enabler!!!

"Wishing you the best" card by Kelly Nelson
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Stampin' Up and unknown; Patterned Paper: Heidi Grace; Stamp & Ink: Stampin' Up; Punches: Fiskars and Stampin' Up



As always hook me up in the comments and I'll come check out your card, I do love to see the sketches being used!

more soon!

Hugs

Di

17 comments:

Chriss Rollins April 16, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

WOW there are some fabulous cards here using the sketch ..when i get my camera up and working again i will join in the challenges and see if i can use up my stash as i cant stash any more my house is too small to continue lolololol
glad your hand is healing and you are on the mend
thanx for sharing.
chriss x

Made by Mandy April 16, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Well done to the DT for some lovely cards. I thought it was challenging sketch this week and it is great to see how differently people interpret it.

Di, I'm not a green person normally but I love the papers on yours. I've not stitched on paper yet but have got one of those little machines so might have a go with it !

Love

Mandy

Unknown April 16, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

What a beautiful cards ! Congrats !
And thanks so much for the template freebie !

Anice April 17, 2008 at 1:04 AM  

Great cards from the Design Team, I've had a go at this..it's on my blog.
Anice x

Jackie April 17, 2008 at 6:03 AM  

I love the DT cards. I've just added mine to my blog.

Anonymous,  April 17, 2008 at 6:45 AM  

when i first saw this sketch, it wasn't speaking to me... now that i have seen all this FABULOUS work, i will definitely use this sketch! AWESOME work everyone!!

Looby April 17, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

LOVED this sketch! and gorgeous DT cards! My card's here:

http://scraphappylou.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-april-3-cute-card-thursday-6.html

Lou x

Unknown April 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Sorry about your hand...I have done that too- both hands and it stung forever. Will keep it in my prayers. Love the way that each of these cards are so different.

Anonymous,  April 18, 2008 at 4:02 AM  

Gorgeous cards! Such an amazing amount of variety!
I'm glad your hand is getting better, and hope you make a full recovery soon.
Here's my take on your April #2 sketch.
http://www.createmykeepsake.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=32296&cat=500&ppuser=1665

Jane (Carroll's Creations) April 18, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

more difficult than i first thought

here's mine

jane x

http://carrollscreations.blogspot.com/2008/04/di-hickman-apr-3-sketch.html

Kaz April 19, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

I've done a couple of cards this week. One follows the sketch and the other needs a bit of imagination. Both are on my blog on different posts.

debby4000 April 20, 2008 at 1:47 AM  

Great sketch, one to use again.
Here's my take
http://debby4000.blogspot.com/2008/04/hot-and-spicy.html

Susie Little April 20, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Hi There,
Here are my two!!

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/04/basic-grey-archiac-and-sugared.html

Susie xx

Anita April 21, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

I really enjoyed this sketch. I even used a stamp I had never used in the 5+ years I've had it! Thanks for the challenge!

http://stampinwithanita.com/

Fab April 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Sorry to be beyond late !

Here's my take on this lovely sketch, thank you Di !

All the cards are stunning.

Primavera Card

I just bought these papers from Paper Adventures and had to use them......I love them !

Anonymous,  June 2, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

Good morning, Di. I used this great sketch to make a couple of notecards. Care to see them?

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/933768?cat=500&ppuser=87307

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/933769?cat=500&ppuser=87307

Have a terrific week - Regina Davis

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com