Stamping - on patterned paper

Saturday, April 19, 2008

I signed up for a few RSS feeds from stamping blogs, and have been totally inspired to use my stamps more and more! They are inspiring me to use my stamps in different and new ways, especially the gals at Cornish Heritage Farms! This card for example. I stamped on patterned paper! Do you know how hard that is for clean-linear me? I chose the flower design as it mimics the flower on the sentiment panel.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: DCWV, Around the Block; Stamp: Fiskars; Ink: Ranger;

I have to say although I do like the card, I think I over inked the edges. But then the whole point of these assigned stamping days is for me to work outside my box, push my boundaries, try new things and make creative mistakes. That's how we learn right?

More stamping soon!


Di

4 comments:

Anonymous,  April 19, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

Hi Di,

Your card looks great and I don't think you over inked it.

Mrs Frizz April 19, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

No such thing as a creative mistake ... looks awesome to me.

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

I love the way this card came out, I would not have thought to stamp on a patterned paper but this looks great. Love how you did the edges. I really need to try and make some cards.

Sue ^i^

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

I love the way this card came out, I would not have thought to stamp on a patterned paper but this looks great. Love how you did the edges. I really need to try and make some cards.

Sue ^i^

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com