Tutorial - using my new card printables

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ok I am back up and running, though the graphics card is still giving me issues, grrrrrrr. I am catching up on the 140+ emails from the weekend (argh) and will pick a FF winner in a short while! Meanwhile here is a pre-prepared post :)


Recently I added some printable products to my store and I thought I'd double team that with a little tutorial on how to use them! The card printable packs come with a layered PSD file template, individual PNG files, a flat printable jpg for a pure digital card and what I'm calling a hybrid printable sheet.



The hybrid printable sheet is simply the template all ready with digital papers and elements and separated onto a PNG file. All you need to do is open, print, trim and assemble!

Step 1. Open your photo editor and open the hybrid sheet. It should look something like the screenshot below. Notice how none of the elements are touching. This is good for easy trimming of each piece.


Step 2. Print the images out. I used photo paper but you can use white cardstock, sticker paper or transparency, etc. Once printed and trimmed with scissors/paper trimmer they should look like the example below.


Step 3. Cut a piece of white cardstock to 5.5" x 4.25", score in half and fold. This is a standard invitation size cardbase and will fit an invitation or A2 envelope. Adhere the floral element to the top of the card base, then adhere the spotted paper to the bottom. There will be a slight overlap for dimension.


Step 4. Adhere the flower element to the circle, the adhere the circle to the card as shown below.


Step 5. Add an embellishment in the center of the flower. In the image below I used a Prima Center Kisses Gem, but you could embellish with a brad or button etc.


The hybrid printables make cardmaking super easy! I hope to have more in the store soon!!!

More tutorials every Tuesday!


Di

3 comments:

Chriss Rollins April 16, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

Hello Di,
are we able to down load and use to sell or is it just for personal use.
chriss
chrissylamata@live.co.uk

Chriss Rollins April 16, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

oh,I forgot to mention.. i am not wanting to sell the kit but sell the completed card which i will ad my own embellisments to
chriss

Anonymous,  April 24, 2008 at 9:00 AM  

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! The Hybrid Printables are an answer to a prayer!
Janette

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com