Stamping: for my friend

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time right now is getting to be a very important commodity around here. I find myself doing quick and easy cards more and more. This is one I whipped up in a little over 5 minutes, including cutting out the envelope! I know one of the things I hear over and over again is "oh I don't have time to make cards", well here is your proof that cards DON'T have to take all afternoon to make! Sure I could have made it more fancy, stitched the cardstock on, put thread through the button but right now I'm in a "get it done" phase.

Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill; Paper: DCWV; Stamp: Studio G; Unknown: flower, button, Brush Marker;

I'm liking this design for sentiment stamps. Repeating the sentiment over to make it like a text paper almost. I've shared a few stamping projects this week, so make sure to check out the rest of the projects this week.

The weather here has gone INSANE! Yesterday was hot, but today they forecast temperatures in the high 90's possibly into the 100's!!! I got the pool checked this morning, 'cos we are gonna need it this afternoon!!! Crazy weather!!!

More soon!

Hugs

Di

3 comments:

Anonymous,  May 17, 2008 at 4:12 PM  

Very cute card. Love the flower accent.

Sue ^i^

Beverley Todd May 18, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

great card! I always feel like I've cheated a bit if it didn't take long. I start off meaning to do quick & simple but before long I've spent an age inking the edges, layering, adding penwork etc ... & that 'quick' card has taken a couple of hours!!
Must try harder - or not so hard, in fact! LOL.

Angie C May 18, 2008 at 12:30 PM  

Lovely card Di, I love the idea of repeat stamping the sentiment and I adore that big flower you have used it's gorgeous.

Hope you have had fun dipping in and out of your pool

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com