Can someone let me out of the oven?

Saturday, June 21, 2008


Yes you are reading that right! The temperature high yesterday was a whopping 109 degrees!!! If you are ANYWHERE near Southern California this week you'll know that it's been getting hotter and hotter ALL WEEK, triple digitals since Monday, but 109? What the? If anyone is reading from the north pole, alaska or ANYWHERE remotely cool could you please ship in some colder weather this way! It's JUNE for heavens sake! Summer officially started with a BANG didn't it? Now if it's going to be this hot all Summer I am gonna melt!

The very serious downside of this hot weather is I find it hard to craft, who wants to do ANYTHING in this heat? At least we have a pool, and I think I will be living in there this summer if this contin

Edit: I'm writing this at around 9am and the temperature so far: Already 91 degrees! It's 9 o'clock for heavens sakes!!!!!!

6 comments:

Julie Marie June 21, 2008 at 1:03 PM  

that's definitely hot! sorry :(

Janneke June 21, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

tell me about it ... :(

Beverley Todd June 22, 2008 at 2:58 AM  

I think you got our sunshine too - it's be raining in Kent, UK for most of the past week!!!

Anonymous,  June 22, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

That's crazy for June!!! That sounds like August weather.

I'm glad you have a pool to cool off in --I hope you have air conditioning, too!!!

kat June 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

I'm in Sacramento, CA and I'm loving the heat!! But I'm nuts like that! Sorry you don't enjoy it like I do. Now, when winter gets here....brrrr. I don't like anything under 70 degrees.

Anonymous,  June 22, 2008 at 3:47 PM  

Haven't you been wondering where our "June gloom" is? One day only this past month and then all these scorchers! We're out and about all morning, then after 3:30 pm, we jump into the pool until it's time to think about dinner. So, from just south of you, know that you've got company in these unbelievable temperatures!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com