Card Sketch July #5

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy Wednesday! Another week, another card sketch! This one has room for a quote and small embellishment, but switch it up, remember you don't HAVE to stick to sketches! Use them as inspiration! The sketch girls changed things up, switched things around and I think gave us every option for this one! As usual the digital template is available free in my store for a LIMITED TIME, snag it while you can!


I had fun with this one. Thought I had lots of quote stamps and rub-ons but for the life of me cannot find a single one (typical!). This is what I get for trying to organize! Lol! As I mentioned on Saturdays I am dedicated to using my STASH! These are the scraps of the old Colorbok papers paired with a MM metal accent. I used Sakura pens to color the heart in the charm to match the color scheme. I've shared this technique before but repeating a sentiment stamp gives the look of a quote if like me you can't find them!

"Bundle of Joy" card by Di Hickman Supplies:Papers: Colorbok; Metal: MM; Stamps: Boxer Scrapbooks; Pen: Sakura; Ink: Clearsnap;



REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION


"Love" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Bling; Paper: Making Memories; Quote Rub: DCWV; Ghost Heart & Bling: Heidi Swapp; Flower Punch: EK Success; Tiny Flowers: Paper Valise



"someone special" card by Linda Flinders



"Dream" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, DCWV paper, KI Memories paper, Heidi Grace quote stamp, Dauber Duos inks, HOTP blossom and button, paper lace ribbon (inked) from bargain shop.



REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION


"friend" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : SEI Poppy pps & Dimensional sticker , DCWV clear quote sticker



"you go girl" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies: everything but the alphas came in a kit from sayitwithletters.com



"Again and again" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies List: Cardstock – Bazzill, Patterned paper – Basic Grey Phoebe range, Flower and brad from stash, Rubber Stamp – Inque Boutique




"Happy Birthday" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: October Afternoon pp; Making Memories pp; 7 Gypsies stamp; Prima flowers; Boxer Scrapbook buttons; Creative Imaginations rub on; Kaiser Craft rub on



"Always & Forever" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: cloud 9 wedding collection, amercian crafts board paper, me&my big ideas embellishments.



"celebrate" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers: HOTP; Brads, Buttons, Die Cut Flower & Brackets: Making Memories; Ribbon: American Crafts; Fabric Flowers: Petaloo; Sentiment Stamp: Cloud 9 Design; Ink: Colorbox Fluid Chalk



Enjoy!! Happy CardMaking!!!

Di

9 comments:

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Such fine cards. Truly beautiful and splendid.

Anonymous,  July 30, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

Brilliant custom cards! These personalized announcements, personalized invitations, and custom announcements are amazing. They're so unique and will surely catch the eye of anyone who sees them. Thank you for sharing your invitation designs with us. Can we see some baby announcements?

Beverley Todd July 30, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

great cards - love seeing what everyone comes up with each week!

Bonnie July 30, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

I love looking at all the example layouts you post every week. Sometimes I get a template and have no idea what to do with it, but seeing so many different styles really gets the inspiration flowing. Thanks for sharing.

Nick July 31, 2008 at 2:45 AM  

Gorgeous cards as always-and the perfect template for the naming day cards I have to make-will post the results later-thanks Di!

Made by Mandy July 31, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

I flipped the sketch, I hope you like the result which can be seen here.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/07/di-hickman-sketch-july-5.html

Some really nice examples this week with different techniques.

Nick August 3, 2008 at 12:54 AM  

Thanks Di-a great template for personalised cards-I used it for 2 naming day cards, pics on my blog

http://paper-penguins.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-catch-up-day.html

Susie Little August 5, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Hi there,

heres mine......
http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/08/challenge-tuesday.html

Susie xx

Susie Little August 5, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

Hi there,

heres mine......
http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/08/challenge-tuesday.html

Susie xx

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com