Tutorial - changing your computer desktop

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

As I've been offering these the past few months I figure better do a tutorial on them just incase anyone doesn't know how to use these babies.

Step 1 - determine your screen resolution. You may already know it. If you are unsure right click your computer screen > click properties and a pop-up box should appear. Select the "settings" header and you should see your screen resolution. *NOTE: my computer has dual monitors (yes I'm spoiled) so you will only have one screen here, not two as shown on the screenshot*


Step 2 - download a Desktop. I will have new ones available every month in my digital store :) Save this to your own files and then open in photoshop. Import your photo's and place them UNDER the desktop layer like you would a quickpage. Save as a new jpg file ready for use later.

Step 3 - Right click your computer screen > click properties and a pop-up box should appear. Select the "desktop" header. Click the "browse" icon to locate your saved jpg.


Step 4
- When you import the jpg, click apply and you'll change out the desktop background. Click OK to save and exit.



Simple as that!
If you notice my desktop icons are across my photo now, I'd spend a few minutes moving them to more suitable locations so they aren't distracting from the photo.

More soon!

Di



** Some desktop blurred for privacy**

1 comments:

jo July 30, 2008 at 3:15 AM  

Glad you're OK after the quake Di. Great to see I'm not the only spoilt one with two screens! LOL!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com