Theme Thursday - Christmas Cards!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Looks like a few of you are joining in on the Christmas in July theme and preparing for the Holiday Season! Good for you! I made a few cards for this week so I am on track for my cards needed by December 1st.

Often when I'm making stuff for myself I look around to see what's already out on the scrap table. When I sat down to make these cards I'd been tidying up and noticed the paper on top of a pile that had no 'home'. So I just used it rather than putting it away, lol. The paper is printed with the squares and stitching making these quick and easy cards!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Snowflake Brads: Unknown; Rub-on: JoAnns

I will say that I have quite a collection of Christmas stash. Not really sure where it all came from but it seems to multiply when I'm not looking. I guess the biggest problem is in the past I seemed afraid to use stuff incase I'd find the perfect project for it later on (chipboard especially). My goal now is to USE it!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Charms & Brads: Making Memories; Rub-on: JoAnns

I'm happy to say that the snowflakes are done, gone and used up. The tree charms I think I have one or two left. Unfortunately that hardly made a dent in my supplies, lol!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Snowflake Brads: Unknown; Rub-on: JoAnns; Ink: Clearsnap;

For these I also used some old DCWV paper for envelopes. Gotta use that stash! Just pick a coordinating color and make some envelopes. Also I picked these rub-ons up at the post-holiday sales so I probably bought more than I needed, but I did buy them 2 years ago and still using them!

What's your Christmas Card count at?

Di

1 comments:

June Houck July 17, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Go, Di! I am trying to use my stash and not buy anything new (famous last words...I have said that many times for the past several years). I used some Making Memories charms up recently too. I hoard, hoping for that perfect use on a project. Now I am focussing on using up my stash. Gotta make room for new toys I can't live without :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com