Card Sketch July #3

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's Wednesday again! Doesn't seem minutes since the last card sketch yet here is another. This one is based on a card I made EONS ago. ok not quite but it's probably 2-3 years ago. It could be kept nice, clean and simple with cardstock, or you could make it more involved with lots of patterns. You know me, my preference is clean and simple :) As usual for the digital people the layered template is available free in my store for a limited time, snag it while you can.


As I said this is a card design I've used before so I went a little different with it. The weekend I made this card I was sorting through my stash and out popped this paper from way back when. It's all pre-printed and I figured it'd fit the sketch perfectly with very little real work needed from me :) My kinda cardmaking that! Added a rub-on, a sticker and a bit of ink and ta-da!

"Thinking of U" card by Di Hickman Supplies: Patterned paper: Colorbok; Ink: Clearsnap; Rub-on: Heidi Grace; Sticker: SEI;

Lots of inspiration below from the sketch girls, some of whom got inspired and jumped on the "Christmas in July" theme for this month, totally their choice, but I love em for it! From simple, stamping, rub-ons or complicated there is something for everyone from the sketch girls. They sketch girls totally need a name though don't you think? I was thinking Diagram Diva's but I think the whole Diva thing is a little played out. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!



"Over U" card by Lynn Anne Cutler
Supplies: Prismatics Cardstock by Prism; Michael Miller Fabric Paper; Copic Ciao marker; flower, stamps unknown (gifted)



"Jingle Bells" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, DCWV papers, Queen & Co felt, Dovecraft stamp, black Versafine ink, Marvy pens, American Crafts ribbon, Papermania brads.



"Merry Christmas" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper, Ribbon, Button & Chipboard Circle: Doodlebug;Felt: Stick-It-Felt; Stamp: Stampin' Up; Ink: Versa Mark; Embossing Powder: JoAnns Craft Essentials



"Friendship" card by Kim Hughes
Supplies: Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms (Making The Grade set and Friendship Centers stamp set); Ink: Ranger; Card Stock: Core'dinations; Paper: DCWV; Glitter: Art Glitter; Chipboard: Maya Road; Crackle Paint: Ranger; Ribbon: Beaux Regards; Buttons: Autumn Leaves



"proud of you" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies- pp: Daisy Bucket; felt flower: Creative Cafe; rhinetones: Queen & Co.; Doodlebug frill; rub on: DejaViews; chipboard: Scenic Route; paint: Plaid; fabric; Tie One On



"smell the flowers" card by Chrys Rose
supplies: Boxer Scrapbook pattern paper; Around the Block chipboard; Kasier Craft rhinestones



"thank you" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Papers, Brad & Flower: HOTP. Sentiments Stamp: FREE with a magazine



"Thanks" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies List: Patterned Paper - Daisy Bucket, Ribbons and gems – Angel Crafts, Button – Fancy Pants, Stamps – Technique Tuesday



"Friends Forever" card by Linda Flinders



"wishes" card by Kelli Smith
Supplies: basic grey, technique tuesday circle chipboard, ranger stickles, distressed inks



"make a wish" card by Pearl Liu
Supply List : DCWV Nana's Kids CS, 3 Bugs in A Rug Celebrate sticker



Enjoy!

Di

6 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) July 16, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

lovely DT samples and great simple sketch

Here’s mine.

Hugs Jane x

Susie Little July 22, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Hello Di,

heres mine.......

http://whiteribboncards.blogspot.com/2008/07/di-hickmans-sketch-july-3.html

Susie xx

Esther July 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

a great sketch to make simple cards!

thanks again Di!

Esther July 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM  

a great sketch to make simple cards!

thanks again Di!

Deanne July 23, 2008 at 3:21 AM  

back doing challenges after having a long break, heres my take on your great sketch di

http://deezkatz.blogspot.com/2008/07/challenges.html

Made by Mandy August 3, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

OMG, I forgot to link my card to your sketch. Silly ole me!

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/07/di-hickman-july-3.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com