Tutorial - rub-ons on a curve

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One of the staples in my stash are rub-ons. Love them! So quick, simple, easy to use, and mess free. However sometime the standard 'greeting' doesn't fit with the design of the card and I want to change it. Don't think you have to put up with rub-ons just the way they are, just take some scissors to them and they take on a whole new life!

Step 1 - You've got your paper, and your rub-on sentiment, now go grab a pair of scissors! The reason I cut my rub-ons is that they have a coating joining words together, and you can end up rubbing on letters you don't mean to, cutting the letters apart eliminates that possibility.


Step 2 - Using scissors cut along each letter vertically, so that the word is no longer joined. For small words like this I leave a small border at the end so that I don't have teeny tiny little rub-on alpha's flying around the scrap table!


Step 3 - For this project I want the word curved around the circle, so I start with the middle letter "e" in the middle of the circle, then work my way outwards rotating the sheet slightly for each letter. Starting in the middle and working outward prevents having a big gap at either end.


Step 4 - Finish off applying the rub-on word, doing each letter separately.


Step 5 - finish your project.

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Colorbok; Rub-on: EK Success; Flower: Prima; Brad: 7 Gypsies

Happy Scrapping!

Di


4 comments:

Unknown July 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

What a great idea I would have never thought of that! Thanks!
http://scrappin-a-rose.blogspot.com

StampinCathy July 22, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Love this idea. I'm going to have to try this.

Anonymous,  July 23, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

How wonderful it this card, I love it. Thanks for all the useful tips.
You are just too smart.

thanks again

Sue ^i^

Made by Mandy July 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

OMG I have just had a lightbulb moment! I would never, ever have thought of doing that to a rub on.

So simple, but brilliant !!

Thank you for the tutorial.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com