Card Sketch August #2

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This weeks card sketch is loosely based on an old card I did a while back. One large panel with 2 smaller panels and scallops! The digital template is available free in my digital store for a limited time! Snag it while you can!


I love scallops and one of my favorite things to do is put rhinestones in the scallops, just adds interest I think. But once I'd done that I decided to really bling it up! Nancy would be proud, lol! I'm not 100% happy with this one but I think it works. Maybe needed a brown border around the circle element to tie in the browns in the paisley more. Calling it done though.

"Speedy Recovery" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Papers & Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Rhinestones: Westrim Crafts;



"Hello" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies- cs: DCWV; Bazzill Just The Edge border; die cuts: K&Co.; ribbon; ink; rubon: Scenic Route



"Bon Apetite" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper & Cardstock Sticker: Reminisce; Letters: American Crafts; Buttons: Dress It Up; Grommets: Making Memories; Rubs: Doodlebug; Scallop Edge: Bazzill; Lace Trim: Wyla; Other: machine stitching



"Hi" card by Kelli Smith
supplies: Kaiser paper, Making Memories scalloped flower paper, ranger stickles, Hambly transparency prints, KI memories alpha stickers, AMM daisy accent flowers



"Thank You" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Patterned Papers: Cloud 9 Design; Flowers & Buttons: Making Memories; Gems: A Muse Artstamps; Rub on: DCWV; Embrodery thread & Lime Cardstock unknown.



"Always" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: DCWV cardstock, K&Co Amy Butler papers, Basic Grey chipboard, Heidi Grace stamps (from Wild Daisy Road, Winnefred St and Marina Drive sets), Heidi Grace plastic flower, black Versafine ink and Kaiser rhinestones.



"Friends" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies : Chatterbox Dressing Room Page kit , Heidi Swapp Floral, Diamond Stickles , Kaiser Craft Bling , Bazzill CS , Inkessentials White Opaque Pen



"It's Your Day" card by Linda Flinders



"Thank You" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; Autumn Leaves pattern paper; Imagination Project coaster; board ring; DCWV sticker; Lil' Davis chipboard



As always link me up in the comments if you do the sketch as I love to come check them out!

Di

6 comments:

nancypinct August 13, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Great template Diane - thank you! The samples are lovely!

Denise August 14, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

Nice sketch, here is mine:-
http://densbloggers.blogspot.com/2008/08/di-hickman-sketch-challenge.html

Leann August 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

Love, love, love this sketch Di!
My card's here :)

Anonymous,  August 17, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Hi Di, I'm new to your blog but am enjoying catching up on your old posts. Loved your sketch, and you can find my version of your card here: http://craftinchick.wordpress.com/2008/08/17/i-wish-i-looked-so-good-on-a-bike-abella/

Cheers!
Jen

Made by Mandy August 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Love this sketch and here's my take on it.

http://amandacruxton.blogspot.com/2008/08/di-hickman-august-2.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com