Theme Thursday - Black & White

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ah black & white, one of my favorite color combinations, fits both classic or contemporary depending on patterns and design. Back in 2007 I made this black and white bridal shower set for CardMaker magazine which was published in May this year. I figured I'd give you all a little close up :o) All supplies are majority one heart... one mind with a few craft supplies thrown in for good measure!

Tag book: I had so much fun making this! Cut out all the tags, fed them through the printer for the inside text, then some adhesive and assembly. The idea is that guests write down their marital advice for the bride to be.


Close up of the acrylic charm
inside pages

Matchbook Invitation: making matchbooks is easy as pie with the oone heart... one mind templates. Trace, cut and fold and voila!

close up of the charm/closure
Inside is a computer printed panel with rub-on embellishments.

Party Favor: I think this was the start of my box/bag making. I LOVE this paper, in fact I still love the whole formality line. It'd totally rock any wedding!


Placecard: quick little placecard. Nothing fancy just something to coordinate with the set.


Thank You card: Aren't all these rub-ons fantastic? Love all the swirls!


Wine Glass Charm: This was my second EVER beading project, and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Wine glass charms are sooooo cool, quick and easy to make too with the one heart... one mind acrylics! The longest thing is waiting for the glue/adhesive to dry!


Recently I've been pretty lax about sharing published work but I figured I should get ontop of that so here is a black and white bridal shower set published in CardMaker magazine May 2008 edition.





Yep my first THREE page spread!!! Just wanted to scream that from the rooftops! lol!

More projects soon!

Di

4 comments:

StampinCathy September 11, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

Congrats! That is so cool 3 pages. Love the project.

Jennifer September 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM  

Beautiful project! Congrats on that 3 page spread.

June Houck September 12, 2008 at 6:06 AM  

This just might be my favorite Di Hickman creation yet :)

These projects are all really lovely. Congratulations!!!

Brigitte aka Scrappassie September 14, 2008 at 3:31 AM  

These black/white projects are fantastic ! I really should do more with paper and scissors LOL Very inspiring !

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com