Card Sketch October #3

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still watching the fires. The firefighters have it 20% contained so fingers crossed things keep going that way.

Half way through October already! Soon be Halloween! Here is this weeks card sketch.


I have to admit I struggled with this weeks sketch. Maybe it's the fires, maybe I'm just not feeling this sketch. In my head it seemed like this would work, but in reality I don't like the card that much at all. *in case you can't read it the card says "so sorry", lighting was bad when I took the photo*

"So Sorry" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper: HOTP; Flowers: Prima; Brads: Making Memories; Stickers: American Crafts; Pen: Sharpie;



"Dancing Skeletons" card by Raechelle Bellus
supplies- pp: K&Co. and Ki Memories; stamp: inkadoo; ink



"Best Wishes" card by Liz Davidson
supply list - Background paper, paper adventure, Yellow spot and green stripe paper, Paper Mania acid bright mat stack.Stripe paper, Junkitz, three prima flowers, three acrylic gems by paperchase. sentiment sticker QVC.Chalk ink, brown.



"Happy Birthday" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Pattern Paper: KI Memories; Letter Stickers: Making Memories, American Crafts; Flowers: Prima Marketing; Chipboard Button: Making Memories; Button



"Sweet" card by Pearl Liu
Supply list : Core'dinations Vintage CS , Scenic Route Sonoma Scrap Strip , Around The Bock paper tagger , Prima flowers , Autumn Leaves Buttons



"Heart" card by Beverley Todd
Supplies: Patterned Papers & Die Cuts: Fancy Pants; Flowers: HOTP;
Card Blank: DCWV; Gems: A Muse; Buttons: Making Memories




"Hope" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper & Letter Stickers: Paper Salon; Glittered Chipboard: Doodlebug; Cardstock: Bazzill; Punch: Fiskars; Buttons: stash



"Dream" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: corrugated card, My Mind’s Eye papers, Prima flowers, HOTP buttons and brads, Prima lace, My Mind’s Eye rub-on, safety pin and charm



"Happy Holidays" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: cardstock - Bazzill; Paper - Dovecraft; rub on - Bo Bunny; epoxy sticker - The Paper Company; brads - HOTP



"Merry" card by Kristin Shulz
Supplies: Scenic Route Patterned paper, American Crafts felt and chip, Colorbox chip, Doodlebug rub ons, Colorbox ink, Bazzill Cardstock



"No Longer Two" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by Deja Views, White flower by Prima and other flower from stash.



"I love you" card by Linda Flinders



As usual link me up in the comments if you do a card with the sketch, I love to come check them out!

More Soon

Di

6 comments:

Laura October 17, 2008 at 6:59 AM  

Hello!

Here we go! My first attempt at a card... ever! Thank you for the layout inspiration!

http://blotchyblogger.blogspot.com/2008/10/fiddly-friday.html

Loz -x-

Claire Mackaness October 18, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I really enjoyed this one DI, thanks. Heres mine http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_i0C8yOTU6CQ/SPo-JCc5qyI/AAAAAAAAAoU/4TqnKYw_UXk/s320/DSC03996.JPG

Made by Mandy October 19, 2008 at 2:33 AM  

Loved this design, was inspired straight away and KNEW what I was going to do with it.

Mandy's Card

Hazel October 19, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

Great sketch - super cards - one from me: http://craftyhazelnut.blogspot.com/2008/10/rosie-dee-5-and-di-hickman-sketch-15.html

Jackie October 21, 2008 at 2:49 AM  

I finally managed to get my card made and up on my blog HERE
TFL

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com