Theme Thursday: Celebrate

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Having a theme to create to is sometimes quite the kick start for creative slumps, as are sketches. After my recent digital designing high I seem to have come down with a bang and it's wiped my creativity big time! When this happens I go back to basics. Take some product, find matches and play. As I had to create with the 'celebrate' theme I picked this 'celebrate' rub-on from my stash, some bright fun papers and just got busy.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Papers & Embellishment: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Making Memories;

Sometimes you just have to get simple, basic and urge the creative mojo to come back. Once I'd done this card I switched to stamps. Now I'm not a HUGE stamper, but if you buy ONE sentiment stamp then a "celebrate" stamp is a good idea. Like I said last week the word covers so many events. Whether it's birthdays, weddings, anniversarys, good luck, well done, baby, congratulations, all these can be covered with "Celebrate".

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Papers & Embellishment: Christina Cole (Provocraft); Ribbon: Unknown; Stamp: Stampin' Up; Ink:

So if you get a creative slump, turn to sketches, pick a theme, get back to basics, pick papers you love or just take a break, all these are good tips for getting the creativity back. Another good tip, try something new or something you haven't done for a while! Worked for me! I was struggling to create ONE card yesterday and today I'm back to normal. I hadn't done anything hybrid for a while so I opted to do a hybrid card which I will share next week :)

more soon,

Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com