Manufacturer Monday - Dreamstreet

Monday, October 6, 2008

I admit I left this weeks Manufacturer Monday challenge a little late this month, as I didn't sit down and start anything till Friday! Totally not like me. But you see I'd been in the throws of digi designing and when that happens I just go with it. Anyway I had a bumper creative weekend, got lots of projects completed which I'll be sharing in future blog posts.

This month I thought I'd focus on Dreamstreet Papers. One thing I really like about Dreamstreet is that they run the gambit of styles, from geometric modern to shabby chic and distressed. I'll openly admit to anyone that I'm not a distressed kinda paper lover, I prefer the modern stuff but I worked with what I had in my stash, which was a bit of both! This week it's modern geometric with the Daisy Days Collection. I had a few of sheets of "all in a row" and "poppy seeds" papers. I'd made my sketches folder last week and wanted to make another folder for blogging, keeping track of what's posted, and for scheduled events, so I made this:

Supplies: Papers: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Alpha: American Crafts; Flower: Heidi Swap

Obviously once you complete a big project there are scraps! So as always here are some cards made with the scraps!

Supplies: Papers: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Tape: Heidi Swapp; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); flower: Prima; Brad: American Crafts; Ink: Clearsnap;



Supplies: Papers: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: Heidi Swapp; Buckle: Rusty Pickle;

Supplies: Papers: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: Maya Road; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); Ink: Clearsnap; Buckle: Sizzix die cut; Crackle Glaze: Ranger


I love the black and white color combo, it's just so striking and has so many options regarding complimetary colors and occassions to send the cards. Black and white makes a great combo for almost any ocassion! I have a couple more cards to share with this paper line next week, then I went on to use the Bella Donna papers. Not really my style, but that's how we push ourselves right?

Get Creative!!!

Di

2 comments:

Beverley Todd October 7, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

I have Dreamstreet mini book components (chipboard & papers) that a friend brought me back from the US - maybe I'll use them by Monday?

StampinCathy October 7, 2008 at 4:51 AM  

Di these are AWESOME! I just love the black and white and the card where you put a dash of red is just to cool.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com