Manufacturer Monday - Dreamstreet

Monday, October 13, 2008

This months Manufacturer Spotlight is Dreamstreet. This is the challenge where I dive into my stash, play with one manufacturers products and challenge you to join in! I've been focusing pretty heavily on Manufacturers who's products I have only a little of, so that I can use 'em up! Last week I mentioned I'd been working the Daisy Days Collection, and here are a few more products with that line!

Supplies: Paper: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Stamp: Studio G; Ink: Clearsnap;


Supplies: Paper: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Rub-on: JoAnns;


Supplies: Paper: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: Bazzill; Flower: Heidi Swapp; Brad: Hot off the Press; Stamp: Fiskars: Ink: Clearsnap; Ribbon: Maya Road;


Once I'd used up all the Daisy Days papers I had left, I moved onto the Bella Donna papers I had. Normally this wouldn't be my style and I wouldn't BUY these kinds of papers (the Daisy Days collection was more me) but these were left over from a Design Team package many months ago, ok maybe longer! I think the biggest advice with scrapping outside your 'norm' is always try it! Sometimes you think a paper or style isn't you and it ends up being one of your favorites! This Mia paper, was totally not my style, but cut up it reminded me of an old card sketch of mine, and the cards came together pretty easily after that! (ironically I previously used dreamstreet alot with this sketch, total coincidence!)

Supplies: Paper: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; RIbbon: Target; Flower: Prima; Brad: American Crafts; Stamps: Kim Hughs (CHF); Ink: Clearsnap;


Supplies: Paper: Dreamstreet; Cardstock: DCWV; Ribbon: Making Memories; Charm: JoAnns;


So next time you're shopping look outside your 'box' grab something different. Or dive into your stash and find that sheet of paper you don't know how to use and get creative with it!!!

Enjoy!

Di

2 comments:

Hazel October 14, 2008 at 3:19 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel October 15, 2008 at 4:19 AM  

I've done a card with Dreamstreet here: http://craftyhazelnut.blogspot.com/2008/10/dotties-world-sunday-challenge-for.html

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com