1000th blog post & Layout Sketch - December

Monday, December 15, 2008

Ok can you believe that today is my 1000th blog post! Crikey! I think it's apt it fell on a sketch day though! lol!

When I'm designing sketch I get inspired by lots of things, but lately I've been having fun going through my own paper layouts and using them for the basis of sketch & templates! Very fun! This months sketch is a single photo inspired by a layout I did last year. The digital template is available for free for a limited time in my stores: Di Hickman Designs, ACOT, Scrapwow. Snag it while you can!



As I said this sketch was based on a layout I did previously, and that is this one done in 2007, and published in Up2Scrap magazine. I've been having fun going through lots of my older work and adjusting it to sketches, revamping them slightly or just plain getting inspired from them and creating a whole new bunch of sketches!

"Happy Holidays" digital layout by Di Hickman
Credits: Funky Christmas kit & Stitching by Shelle Pukas; Font: Wonderful Wendy (scrapsupply.com); Scallop edge tempaltes by Di Hickman



"Curious" layout by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper, Die Cuts: Cosmo Cricket; Letter Stickers: Scrapworks; Brads: Creative Cafe; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink; Ribbon: Stampin' Up; Pen: Zig Writer; Machine Stitching



"Believe" digital layout by Renee' Morris-Dezember
Credits: All Elements created by Pamela Donnis Designs



"Autumn" digital layout by Lisa Peppers
Credits: Autumn Mist by Royanna Frischmann



"Here Fishy Fishy" digital layout by Angela Shetzer
Credits: Atomic Cupcake's Gone Fishing Kit, Rust Alpha and Rust Action



"Family" layout by Christina Dean
Supplies: Cosmo cricket jacks world range (diecuts, wakeup and playtime) me and my big ideas chipboard lettering



"Autumn Splendor" layout by Jolene Johnston
Supplies: Paper (Basic Grey, Daisy D's, Scrapworks), Jenni Bowlin journaling card, QuicKutz Silhouette and digital tree design, Li'l Davis Designs chipboard tag, Colorbox fluid chalk inks, Bazzill cardstock, Zig writer, unknown jute trim



"Cake Monster" layout by Kelli Smith



"Snow Fun" layout by Egle Noel
Credits: FONT: Arial; DIGITAL KITS: DiAGRAMS 55 by Di Hickman; Snow Day by Michelle Bradley (snowflake glitter stitching, snow fun, gems, snowflake); Jack Frost Element Set by Danielle Young (word "love"); Worn & Torn Paper Pack 6 by Kim Hill; Worn & Torn Paper Pack 4 by Kim Hill; Worn & Torn Paper Pack 3 by Kim Hill; 2008 CD Calendar Templates by Kim Hill; Make-A-Date Kit by Kami Pfingsten; Jack Frost Element Set by Danielle Young; Baby's First Christmas - Girl by SAS



"Family" layout by Christina Dean




Happy Creating!

Di

2 comments:

scrappysue December 15, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

very, VERY cool layouts and sketches

Beverley Todd December 16, 2008 at 5:20 AM  

fab layouts ladies ... & huge congrats on your 1000 post Di ... I shall find some celebratory cake to eat in your honour! LOL

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com