Another year older...

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday to me...
Happy Birthday dear meeeee..... (for yesterday)
Happy Birthday to me!

Yup another year older! I did plan on posting yesterday but we went snowboarding! Our nearest resort is Mountain High. Sunday/Monday we'd had a ton of rain, and were checking out the snow reports. Bob had booked the day off, just in case, and the snow came!!! Fresh snow too! On the drive up you get to see the scenery change from desert cactus and sand to this:


There be snow on them there mountain tops! And later as we were headed into the Mt High resort I snapped this: Lots of snow!


The top parking lot was full, so we parked in the spillover lot and rather than catch the courtesy bus to the top we walked the mile, which in our gear and carrying our boards was NOT easy! Note to selves: don't do this again! Once up there we got our passes, which mine was FREE! They do this great deal where if it's your birthday you an all day pass for free! Awesome huh?


I'm still very much a beginner. I've been skiing twice (only once on real snow), and snowboarding once before. Happy to say I hadn't forgotten anything about my first snowboarding session. This time though the snow was MUCH better and so much nicer to board (and fall) on.


This was pretty much my day: standing, boarding, falling over. I never managed to get off the lift without falling over (though in honesty I've only ever done that once on skiis so not a great track record there really!). Bob took some pics, I took some pics, but we didn't charge the camera battery and it ran out of juice :( thankfully we did have a phone with us for a few snapshots. This is my "I'm trying not to fall over" face:


And finally special thanks, hugs and kisses to the best husband in the whole world, Bob! He drove all the way there and all the way back :) Didn't moan when I fell off the lift and sliced him in the leg with my board (ouch), got me more gifts and took me out to dinner in the evening. Thanks baby, I had an awesome day!


This wasn't the post I had planned for my birthday, but I thoroughly enjoyed it! Naturally I am paying for all the physical exertion today. Bob put up a quick video on facebook of me snowboarding which you can see on my profile, if you're on facebook add me as a friend. And if you're not on facebook, then why not? lol! I will get around to uploading to youtube hopefully at some point! (Mum they will be on your DVD once I get around to doing it)

Back later with the card sketch for today :)

Di - another year older, another year wiser?

5 comments:

Colleen December 17, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Wow! Sounds like quite the birthday!

Happy Belated Birthday!

jo December 17, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Belated Happy Birthday Di!

Jolene December 17, 2008 at 5:28 PM  

I'm so sorry that I'm a crumb!! Happy belated birthday!! xo♥

Brigitte aka Scrappassie December 18, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

O I am so sorry, missed this one .... Still, although late, happy happy birthday to you !!! Looks like you had a fantastic day, and so brave, on a snowboard ! LOL I know how to ski, but you will never catch me on a snowboard ;-)

Pearl December 18, 2008 at 7:06 AM  

ooo happy belated birthday , Di ! that sounds fab ! snowboarding !

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com