Card Sketch December #5

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Is everyone ready for some celebrating today? I don't know about you but I am so ready for 2008 to be OVER! Bring on 2009! I love the New Year, a fresh start, it's probably one of favorite times of the year. This weeks card is perfect for any occasion, and I seem to be loving the big greetings right now.


I made this card back in November and I love it. I did have a major moment of indecision when doing the sentiment panel (done in photoshop) and trying to decide on which way around to do the colors: white text on black or black text on white. In the end I printed both, and tried them both, I prefer it this way round.

"Happy New Year" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Papers: Paper Company, DCWV; Ribbon: Offray; Die cut: Sizzix; eyelets: Boxer Scrapbooks; Rub-ons: Making Memories: Software: Photoshop & Epson Artisan 800 printer



"Happy New Year" card by Louise Brigden
Supplies: Shiny black card, K&Company glitter alphabet stickers, Cuttlebug D’vine Swirls embossing folder



"Snow Fun" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: SweetwaterCardstock: Stampin' Up, Bazzill; Trim & Letters: Making Memories; Buttons & Snowman: Dress It Up; Ghost Snowflake: Heidi Swapp; Snowflake Bling: MAMBI



"All hearts come home for Christmas" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Prima paper; Bazzill cardstock; Daisy D's velum; Boxer Scrapbook brads; Making Memories paper, flower and brad; Doodlebug glitter; Basic Grey chipboard



"Happy Birthday" card by Kelli Seeman Smith
Supplies: fancy pants celebration collection, MSE birthday rubons, ribbon, buttons



"Ho ! Ho ! Ho ! " card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Bo Bunny pp & cardstock stickers , Autumn Leaves ribbon, Core'dinations cardstock, Bazzill Pom Pom trim



"Merry Christmas to One and All" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper, Strip Tease Sheet: Cosmo Cricket; Flower, Brad: Making Memories; Ink: Colorbox Chalk Ink



"Thank You" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Cardstock – Bazzill; Papers, ribbon, jewels & alpha stickers - Doodlebug



"Cherish" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: background paper by papermania, and making memories, 3 brads by dove craft, gems by paperchase, word sticker by c'est la vie Tres jolie, by my minds eye.black and white pens by sakura.



"You make me happy" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: scraps and a transparency from Transparent Tags & Touches.



"Let it Snow" card by Kristin Schulz
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Rob and Bob patterned paper, DCWV patterned paper, Autumn Leaves Rubs, Target ribbon, Heidi Grace Rubs, unknown bookplate



"Best Wishes" card by Linda Flinders



Enjoy what's left of 2008, and all the best for 2009!

Di

4 comments:

Unknown January 1, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Happy New Year Di. So very long since I played along with your sketches. You gave me the inspiration for my DH's birthday card, thanks!

You can find it on my blog here...

http://freycob.blogspot.com

Thanks

Rosie
x

Anonymous,  January 1, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

thanks and happy new year

Claire Mackaness January 1, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Thanks for challenging us over CHrimbo and NY, I enjoyed this one. My card is a special tribute to Beverly, may she rest in peace in scrapping heaven.

Hazel January 6, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I've used your lovely sketch for the card here

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com