Happy Holidays - bumper celebration post!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

I mentioned before that my favorite greeting for this time of year is Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. Honestly we don't celebrate Christmas in the religious sense, just a secular celebration for us full of food and festivities. Just the two of us this year, but no doubt we'll have friends round celebrating at some point over the holidays. We've already had a few little get-togethers to celebrate various holidays during the season.

Anyway I just wanted to share some seasonal creations with you all today as it is still Theme Thursday! These were published in the July issue of Cardmaker Magazine. First is a CD holder, this was a recovered CD holder, originally it was a Purina Puppy DVD case.

All suppplies by one heart... one mind

When I submitted the CD case, the editors requested a matching card, and gift tag. Anyone knows I am ALL about the cards. Hard to tell on the pic but this card has lots of dimension, the circles on the green cardstock are epoxy stickers. I was in the beginning of my 'stash busting' phase so I added these to the card for a fun background design.

All suppplies by one heart... one mind

The gift tag was quick and simple, just folded over cardstock, pre-printed elements layered and a little ribbon. Simplicity itself!

All suppplies by one heart... one mind


Speaking of one heart... one mind I thought I'd also share this table scape I did for them. Originally it was an assignment for a magazine, which promptly closed the month after I finished it. Then it was supposed to be published this month in another magazine but unfortunately magazines want items that are readily available and one heart one mind closed early in 2008 so my projects got bumped. I think I'm giving them up as a jinxed project and just posting them on my blog! Ignore the crappy pics, I only had 48 hours to get the project done, and photographed, with instructions etc.


Tree center piece, pops on top of a wine glass! Quite labor intensive!


Tray, repainted and lined with seasonal papers, makes a great addition to a table setting.


Little gift box in a dish could be a place setting or an addition. Beware of glitter falling into dishes however! Lol! It seemed like a good idea at the time!


My first altered coaster. Simply patterned paper and a sentiment panel from the ohom sheets. Definitely a project I'd do again. Also wine glass charms. The "Merry" panel is under and acrylic charm piece. I LOVE making these! Such a great addition to ANY party!


Simple place setting using ohom papers and rub-ons.


Again with the acrylic pieces from ohom. Love that they fit the papers, plus yummy ribbon! Simply wrap around napkins. This again could be used as a placesetting if you used the persons name instead of greeting.


Just a simple addition of a candle to round out the table setting.




Wishing you all a happy holidays!


Di

5 comments:

Rebecca December 26, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

I think the jinx is over. These are magnificent! Your talent amazes me, as always.

Anonymous,  December 26, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

Stunning! Just have to sday how much I love this! ~Ali in NS

Janneke December 26, 2008 at 11:11 AM  

incredible work Di! Love it!!!

Mary December 27, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

All of your projects are beautiful. You always make lovely gifts.

Mary

Nancywithajones December 28, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

DI this is beaaaaaaaauuuttiful!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com