Card Sketch January #1

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to Card Sketch Wednesdays! Hurrah for sketches, that's what I say! I was having one of those 'blast from the past' days the other day and went looking through my sketch files, and WOW that's a LOT of sketches! Over 2 years now I've been doing Sketch Wednesday, and loving every moment. Though that's also over 100 cards! Just think if we made a holiday card with the sketch every week, no mad rush in December! lol! That would be 52 cards ready for the holiday craziness, but where would the fun be it that? lol!

Anyway here is this weeks sketch



This weeks card from me is a very personal one, it's the one I sent to Beverley's family. I want to thank everyone for the emails, and comments. It's such a blessing to know how much she was loved in the crafting community. Her passing has really made me sit back and think about what I want from life, to appreciate the small things, and most importantly not to waste a single minute!

"With Sympathy" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Prima Hybrid Tea & Silk Kit




"Cherish Today" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper: My Mind's Eye; Cardstock: The Paper Co; Punch: Fiskars, Family Treasures; Twine: Wellington; Snowflake: Michaels; Wax: Gartner Studios; Stamps: Hero Arts; Ink: ColorBox; Other: Corregated Cardboard



"Happy Anniversary" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Cardstock ~ Bazzill; Papers and ribbon ~ Fancy Pants Botanical; Swirl stamps ~ Autumn Leaves; Sentiment stamp ~ Woodware; Flowers ~ Prima



"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



"Be Mine" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Fancy Pants Splendid pp & die cut , Making Memories Sticker tab & Rouge Paperie journaling spot , Rangers Red Distressed Stickles, Crackled Accent



"Happy Birthday" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: swiss dots embossing folder on Creafters companion pearl card , dove craft brad, Gingham blossom, Studio D letter stamps. The pink lace . scrap of flowery ribbon.



"Happy Birthday" card by Kelli Seeman-Smith
Supplies: K&Co patterned paper, Heidi Swapp bling strip, Paper Bliss chipboard cupcake & flourish, Paper Studios stamp Happy Birthday



"Happy New Year" card by Celeste Brodnik



"Best Wishes" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: SEI pattern paper; Prima flower; Hero Arts stamps and ink; Bazzill cardstock; Imaginisce rub on; Boxer Scrapbook button; Kaiser Craft pearls



"Thank You" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: K & Co paper, Martha Stewart punch, Fancy pants ribbon, Inkadinkado stamp, versafine ink, Nestabilities die-cuts, MAMBI rhinestones.




"Together" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper by K and Co, Flowers by Prima and unknown, Pebeo Pearl Touch, Leaf Punch by The Punch Bunch, vintage lace and brads from stash.



"Big Sister" card by Annette Taylor
Supplies: Bazzill Cardstock, Patterned Paper Doodlebug, Hydrangea Blooms Prima, Brads and Pearls by Papermania, Ribbon from stash, Stamps by Zina Wright at Scrapboxx and Studio-G, Paints from a local stationers




Di

10 comments:

Made by Mandy January 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM  

Di, That is a lovely card for Beverley's family.

Although I did not know her personally I first became aware of her through your site and also through other sketch blogs. She was a very creative lady and her work was inspiring. I have been touched by how many people have mentioned her passing on their blogs, her sudden death has been a big shock in our community and such a terrible loss.

I left a message on her blog last night and have had a lovely message from her Dad. It has made me look inwards too and re-assess my life goals and priorities.

Sending you big hugs on the loss of your friend xxx

Anonymous,  January 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

I love this sketch Di! But I don't think I've done it justice with my card. Definitely one to try again though.
My card

Happy new year! Liz x

MemoryKeeper January 8, 2009 at 4:33 PM  

Thanks for a new avenue for my digi-scrapping. These cards are like mini works of art! Astonishing creations! WoW!

Here’s to more happy scrapping, and
Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette

Want to learn new blog tips and tricks? Want to learn how to make those cool backgrounds? Then you should come Scrap your blog with me…
Easy Custom Blogs

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Rebecca January 8, 2009 at 4:51 PM  

Thanks for another great sketch download. All the cards are beautiful. Your card for Beverley's family is gorgeous. I'm sure they will be touched.

SueH January 9, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

What a great idea about the Christmas cards Di. Would love to say I'll give it a go but I just can't see me sticking to it somehow.....but you never know!

I've made a birthday card with this week template and it's Here on my blog.

Thanks for the great template
Sue
x

Dawn♥ January 10, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

Everyones cards are absolutely beautiful! Great job ladies!

Bex January 11, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend. xx

I have played with your sketch.

Love Bex xx

Hazel January 13, 2009 at 8:18 AM  

Such beautiful cards. I loved this sketch. There's a card from me here

Jackie January 14, 2009 at 4:05 PM  

I'm still playing catch up and just added my card to my blog HERE
TFL

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com