Theme Thursday - NEW

Thursday, January 8, 2009

As it's the start of a new year, it makes us think of new things. Whether that's a new job, new house, new body, or in this case new baby! I busted out some one heart... one mind from my stash and got busy with a couple of cards. These were TOTALLY inspired by the little metal "baby" tabs I snagged at the dollartree.

Supplies: Papers & Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Metal tab: Miss Elizabeths

Supplies: Papers & Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Metal tab: Miss Elizabeths

Now before anyone asks NO not pregnant, NO not trying to get pregnant, ok now that is out the way, lol. I like to look at my card stash every New Year and see what types of cards I am low on, and strangely the ones I am making this month are all needed! Must be the time of year! Every Thursday this month look out for projects with a "new" theme!

------------------

Decided to join in a fun meme I'd seen floating around the blogsphere. This is one of those "100s" lists. It lists 100 activities and you are to bold the ones you have done and italicize five you would like to do most. If you want to participate, just snag and post to your blog!

1. Started my own blog – Yeppers! Got more than one now!

2. Slept under the stars – Does in a tent count? no?

3. Played in a band – Does Rock Band count? I've sung with a band but that's not technically playing is it? I don't even play an instrument though I am kinda learning to play the guitar (though haven't practiced in a while). I'm learning to play by Tab as reading music bores me, I want instant results =)

4. Visited Hawaii – No but I'd like to. Friends of ours have been and it looks beautiful!

5. Watched a meteor shower – yep watched a couple actually. We got a pretty good view of the last few we've had.

6. Given more than I can afford to charity – I've raised money for charity in my time, given lots of items to charity and given money to charities. Kidney disease is something that impacted my life greatly, and will for years to come so obviously that is dear to my heart. This will probably be something I'll talk about later as my Mums kidney function deteriorates, due to Polysystic Kidney Disease. Right now she's at 14% function, has her Cimino fistula and is preparing for a future of dialysis.

7. Been to Disneyland/world - Been to Disneyland many times (and we get in for free now Bob works for Disney so it's a cheap day out for us). On our 1st anniversary we went to Florida, didn't so Disneyworld, but we did Animal Kingdom (awesome btw). I've scrapped a few photo's of the Disneyworld ones when my parents were over, but none from 1997, or Animal Kingdon in 1999. Need to get busy on that!

8. Climbed a mountain – Yes, it was technically a mountain though I was only 15/16 at the time so can't remember a whole lot about it. I do have photo's though, which also need to be scrapbooked!

9. Held a praying mantis – we get these in our garden during summer. Love the way they look, very unusual creatures yet so interesting to look at!

10. Sung a solo – Karaoke queen! Sung with a live band karaoke style at a party a couple of years ago. Fun times!

11. Bungee jumped – no, not sure I would either.

12. Visited Paris – been to France but not Paris specifically

13. Watched lightning at sea – nope don't think so.

14. Taught myself an art from scratch – I can cook (some stuff), and I taught myself to scrapbook and make cards. Oh and I taught myself photoshop =)

15. Adopted a child – If we ever did have kids I think we'd adopt, but I do not have any desire to have children, biological or otherwise.

16. Had food poisoning – It was either the Mushroom Stroganoff or the eggnog desert thing. My money is on the eggnog. Man that was a bad time. I don't even remember the name of the restaurant but ewwww puke city! Only time I've ever had it, and never want it again!

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Nope. We did go to the top of the Empire State Building though. That was during an 8 hour stop over whilst waiting for flights.

18. Grown my own vegetables – Something I've recently started again here in the US, but I did this in England. This year we grew tomatoes, beans, corn, radish, cucumbers etc and I have cool season crops in now. Nothing like a tomato right off the vine!

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Nope, no real desire to.

20. Slept on an overnight train – Nope

21. Had a pillow fight – Yes I remember having a pillow fight twice in my life. Once with Lisa and Shelley, and again at a slumber party at Rachaels house.

22. Hitchhiked – Nooooooo, have you not seen horror films!

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. – hahaha if anyone answers no to this then they are probably lying.

24. Built a snow fort – tried to build an igloo once but we didn't get much snow so I guess with just 1ft high walls it was more a fort?

25. Held a lamb – no but I'd like to I love animals!

26. Gone skinny dipping – hahahaha... no.

27. Run a Marathon – No but again its something I'd like to do.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – never been to Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse – yes,

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – oh yes, many times

31. Hit a home run – Never played baseball, but we have a similar game in England called rounders which I was totally crap at. Now give me a tennis raquet and give me a fighting chance of hitting the ball! I never was much of a team sports player, I prefered tennis, or running, or later on aerobics!!!

32. Been on a cruise – no

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – no

34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – um, yeah I guess. My heritage is English and I am from England so yeah.

35. Seen an Amish community – no. Live without the internet? Yikes, sorry no, couldn't do it! I do love farms though, and the lifestyle they lead. I'd like to incorporate SOME elements into my life, but their lifestyle is a little too strict for me.

36. Taught myself a new language – At school in England we're taught French. Even if you do two languages the other is typically German. I will say that I knew a little French before school as my friend Shelley taught me some as she was learning at school (she was about 4 years older than me). Naturally French does me completely no use here in the US where the second language is Spanish! So even though I know French I'd like to learn Spanish this year (or next year)

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – We have enough to pay bills, the mortgage, and some savings so yes.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope.

39. Gone rock climbing – yep. When I was 15/16 I went on a school trip on an adventure week. We did lots of sports and activities. One of which was rock climbing. I'm quite thankful for that trip to whitehall and getting to try out so many outdoor pursuits.

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – no

41. Sung karaoke – yep many times. Bob loves Karaoke too. We've sung it regular with the backing track on the TV, and with a live band. I would say without a doubt it's Bobs favorite activity. He loves to sing!

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – No,

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – nope

44. Visited Africa – Nope. I would love to go on one of those tours round the plains though and see all the animals. Closest we got was the tour in Aminal Kingdom, I'd prefer to see the animals in their natural habitat.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Yes, on my own, deep in thought.

46. Been transported in an ambulance – Don't think so. All the injuries etc I've had, I don't think any required a trip in an ambulance. If I needed emergency treatment I believe we've always got there by car.

47. Had my portrait painted – No, better things to paint!

48. Gone deep sea fishing – Introducing a new part to the meme of "things I will never do". I'm vegetarian, and totally against this kind of "Sport". Besides the oceans are overfished already!

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – So not a “chapel person” and no desire to see this.

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Nope never been to Paris.

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – No, but I'd like to at some point.

52. Kissed in the rain – Yes

53. Played in the mud – I garden, so I play in the mud on a regular basis.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater – No, but one of these is happening soon here as they try and bring back this activity. Maybe we'll go and check it out

55. Been in a movie. – Maybe! Haven't seen the film yet and right now I can't remember what it was called (something like "romance in the park" which was a working title too so could have changed anyway). But about 3 years ago I was walking the dogs in the park and there were notices saying they were filming and basically by entering the park you could be in the movie. I continued my walk. So if you see woman walking a Dalmatian in the background of a movie, let me know! Wish I could remember the proper name, it may come back to me.

56. Visited the Great Wall of China – No, no real desire to either.

57. Started a business –Yes =) I was self employed for many years in England with my company Dynamic Fitness.

58. Taken a martial arts class – No, I've always wanted to though, but I've since discovered that due to my Kidney disease I shouldn't do contact sports.I dunno, I think it's something I'll do at some point just to say I did it. Plus I think the outfits look cool =)

59. Visited Russia – No, no real desire to either. If I could go anywhere I'd go to Egypt (love to see the pyramids), India (hello we LOVE the food!) or somewhere like Hawaii.

60. Served at a soup kitchen – No, I've never even seen a soup kitchen.

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – nope.

62. Gone whale watching – Yes, more than once. Love it! Such a peaceful experience, love being out on the boat too, even though both times I got sunburnt!

63. Got flowers for no reason – Yes I have BUT I don't like cut flowers. I much prefer seeing them in their natural environment, or in a pot alive. I'd be happier with a packet of vegetable seeds though.

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – no, not completely sure if I can due to Kidney Disease either.

65. Gone sky diving – No, we went gliding this year though.

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – nope, and no desire to.

67. Bounced a check – Nope, never.

68. Flown in a helicopter – Something I want to do at some point.

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – No, I'm not really attached to things. I couldn't even tell you my favorite toy. I had a few I liked, for example: Kermit puppet, Orinocho Womble (loved the Wombles, way ahead of their time too! The BBC should totally bring the Wombles back!) , blackboard, Cindy/barbie dolls, but nothing really stands out as a favorite.

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – no, again no desire to.

71. Eaten caviar – Never have, never will. Vegetarian for 17 years, and quite honestly even when I did eat meat the idea of eating fish eggs just sounded completely disgusting! Ewwww

72. Pieced a quilt – Nope, though I have sewn my own clothing!

73. Stood in Times Square – No, that many people in one place? = my idea of HELL.

74. Toured the Everglades – No, kinda regret not doing that while in Florida, but we had crappy weather with Hurricane Flloyd at the time.

75. Been fired from a job – No, but I got laid off from a job for the first time this year.

76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – yes, and I have photo's.

77. Broken a bone – Not broken no, dislocated collar bone and other cuts and scrapes but nothing broken. (yet... had to add that 'yet' being the clumsy thing I am)

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle – yes =) Though offroad so technically can you speed offroad? I have ridden on a motorcycle on the highway too though, just not as the rider but as a passenger.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – No,

80. Published a book – no, but I think everyone would like to write a book, but this is something I really want to achieve!

81. Visited the Vatican – No and no desire to, who thought up this list?

82. Bought a brand new car – Yes! My Hyundai Tuscon we bought brand new in 2006, after my Windstar died. And for anyone wondering, it's awesome, I love it!

83. Walked in Jerusalem – No, again no desire to.

84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes, I've scrapbooked it too. I was very young though!

85. Read the entire Bible – No I haven't. I'm not a Christian, I have no desire to read the Bible. I was christened when I was very young, but given a choice I wouldn't have been. Not even sure why my Mom saw fit to have a christening when she isn't religious herself?

86. Visited the White House – Nope, something I can't say I have any urge to do either.

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – NO! Ewwww! Vegetarian remember! I swear I think the person who thought this list up was a religious person who liked hunting and fishing a lot!

88. Had chickenpox – More than once as I recall!

89. Saved someone’s life – Save my own on a regular basis being the clumsy tart I am! We also saved our dogs lives by rescuing them, 2 weeks at a shelter is a LONG time here, we heard the staff say they were in their final days beforethey were done.

90. Sat on a jury – Not yet. We keep getting the notifications in the mail that we've been selected and we keep telling them we aren't US citizens. They really need a better way to do Jury selections!

91. Met someone famous – Yes! Martin Clunes, Lee & Herring, Brian Clough, Greg Kinnear to name a few.

92. Joined a book club – No.

93. Lost a loved one – Yes, my Grandad died of Kidney failure complications after battling with PKD for many years.

94. Had a baby – Nope and don’t want to! Give me puppies any day! Dang puppies are so cute! Honestly I have no maternal desire for children. Truth be told I don't even like kids that much till they get to about 7-8, and babies, yuk forget it. Some women just weren't made to be mothers. I fall into that catergory.

95. Seen the Alamo in person – No, no desire to

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – no

97. Been involved in a law suit - Nope, thankfully.

98. Owned a cell phone – Yep I do. Which usually isn't charged up or on my person when I'm out and about. I try I really do! I'm much better than I have been the past few years though, and it's becoming more second nature again. Back in England when I was working and driving all over, it was with me 24/7 but now I just forget... or I'm home anyway and it seems pointless. I will say that having the Helio ocean has been much better for texting, and since I found out the photo uploading thing for facebook I've been using that too!

99. Been stung by a bee – never, I have this insane fear of being stung and act all crazy about bees/wasps being near me. I love them to be beside me on flowers etc. But if one comes too close I get crazy!

100. Ridden an elephant – no but how cool would that be?


Snag the meme if you want to!

Di

1 comments:

Rebecca January 8, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

I love the simplicity of these cards. I kind of miss that we've gotten away from that. All the best to your Mum.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com