Manufacturer Challenge - Crate Paper (2)

Monday, January 12, 2009

Took off on a bit of a tangent this week, rather than continuing with last weeks project I decided to make some cards instead. Just feeling in one of those mellow moods and this "new garden" line from Crate is just perfect for soft feminine cards.

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); Ink: CTMH; Flower: Prima; Brad: MM;

This line has been in my stash for almost 2 years! I did about 2 layouts and a couple of cards with it, then shoved it into my stash, and never touched it again. I do love the soft colors. The prima flowers go well with these colors, and I especially like these fuzzy flowers. I know that's not their name, but they are just soooo pretty!

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); Ink: CTMH; Flower: Prima;

One other thing I am trying to do this year is use up a fair bit of my loose ribbon stash. I have most of it hanging up, but I also have 2 tubs of oddments that I'd like to USE up! This ribbon from ki is ancient, but goes really well on this card I think.

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); Ink: CTMH; Ribbon: ki memories; Stickles: Ranger;

Making a bunch of cards from the same stash is a great thing to do if you want to give bundles of cards as gifts, or to sell at fetes etc. Remember too that you CAN use the same design over and over. Heck you can use the exact same card over and over. I have a few bits of this line left that I plan on repeating some of these cards and making duplicates. Or just changing around the papers for a different look. Stretch those supplies people!

Supplies: Papers: Crate Paper; Stamp: Kim Hughes (CHF); Ink: CTMH; Flower: Prima;

All the cards are based on a few of my past card sketches. Good to get some extra milage out of those, plus it shows sketches never go out of style! One thing I LOVE about Crate Paper is that their papers are double sided, heavy cardstock weight, and slightly textured. Almost a watercolor texture to the paper, it really gives the paper a great feel to it.

So dig into your stash and share your creations with Crate paper!

Di

1 comments:

Judy January 14, 2009 at 12:59 AM  

What lovely cards. BTW, take a peek at my blog. I left you a little something there...

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com