Prima Hybrid Card - with love

Friday, January 23, 2009

Prima decided that for 2009 they would merge the two teams for hybrid and Prima, picking 5 of the existing Prima Hybrid design team to continue on for the 2009 period. I haven't mentioned this yet, but I am VERY thankful and lucky to have been chosen for a 2nd year to be on the Prima Hybrid Design Team, along with Amy Martin, Jess Gordon, Julie Ann Shahin, and Melinda Staley (such a great team, these ladies do fantastic work!). Looking forward to the year ahead with the Prima Hybrid kits and all the great things they have to offer in the upcoming year!

Part of our new responsiblities involves us creating each month for sharing on the Prima Blog, we've had our introductions, and this week saw our first blog feature, which is on the Prima Hybrid "parcel post" mini albumkit. We were asked to show uses for the kit in ways other than for Christmas, like the upcoming Valentines day or mothers day. Obviously for me this screamed CARDS!!! So I set about making a card for that special someone using the steps below.

Digital products used:
  • IOD parcel post (label and paper)
  • IOD Rue 88 coordinates (red paper)
  • Font: Bickham script pro

Physical products used:
  • Chipmates sticker sheet
  • Chipmates acrylic overlays
  • Say it in crystals swirls
  • flowers (PH tea and silk kit)
  • Center kisses
  • Elysee Ribbon

First open the label sheet from the parcel post digital kit. Highlight the label you want to use, and hide the rest or simply fill with white (remember DO NOT save over this file!). Add text greeting, and print onto the die cut Sticker sheet, then set aside to dry. Full instructions on using the Chipmates are included in the downloads :)


Create a new document 5"x5", and drag the red paper from the IOD Rue 88 coordinates onto the document. This paper coordinates really well with the parcel post kit! Open a quickpage from the parcel post kit, and resize to fit the design shown below. "Cut" out the label we used earlier and position it on the card, add text. This really gives you a feel of how the card will look later. Next print this out onto cardstock or photo paper. I chose not to hide the label layer, as I liked the scallopy edge and wanted to use it in the final design. For a cleaner look to the card, this layer could be hidden prior to printing.


Once all the printed mediums are dry we can assemble the card! I cut the card base out to 5" x 10", scored the middle, and folded it over to create the base for the card. I added the swirl crystals and lace. The printed label I wanted a 3D effect to, so I stuck onto cardstock and cut around so I could use dimensional foam adhesive underneath. I added the chipmates epoxy overlay, flowers and some center kisses gems for the finishing touches!


I'm sure you'll agree it's not my usual clean and simple design! lol! But I LOVE it! One thing I mentioned about Design Teams this week was that sometimes working with different product pushes you creatively, and I love that!

Di

4 comments:

Looby January 23, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

That's gorgeous Di! Love the flowers and the bling!
Lou x

Valerie Byrnes February 1, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

This is a gorgeous use of digital and physical elements!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com