Using office supplies on cards

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I keep meaning to post more 'green' articles but time is just getting away from me lately! Recently though I made some cards from plain color blocked paper that I thought needed a "pop" and I decided to use office supplies to do it! These hole reinforcements have been in my stash for a while waiting for a purpose. I rarely throw anything away, just in case, lol! Anyway I used them on this first card and thought they made great patterned paper alternatives!

Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Hole Reinforcements from office supply store; Stamp: Kim Hughes, CHF; Ink: CTMH; Button: EK Success;

Obviously being circles opens them up to being cut in half and used as half circles which leads to... scallops! I swear I am scallop obsessed lately! I think 3 of 4 card sketches in March feature scallops! I guess we all go through phases :) Anyway I simply cut the hole reinforcements whilst still on their backing sheet then adhered them to the card.


Supplies: Paper: Colorbok; Hole Reinforcements from office supply store; Stamp: Kim Hughes, CHF; Ink: CTMH; Twill: 7 Gypsies;

Remember being 'green' isn't just about buying green products it's about using what you have! I think the cards look great and I hope next time you need a boost to your scrap project think outside the scrapbook arena and see what else you have on hand! :) Di

7 comments:

Tina J February 24, 2009 at 1:31 PM  

I LOVE both of these cards - those geometrical shapes really tickle my fancy (I just happen to be a high school math teacher!) Thanks for sharing the great ideas!

Carol February 24, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

What a clever use of this hole reinforcements... and the end result is a REALLY NICE touch! CUTE! way to go GREEN :)

lindafulghum.com February 24, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

What a great idea! Did you hear that green is the new black?!

BoBo February 25, 2009 at 12:17 AM  

What a great idea! I've got some of those hole reinforcements, so I will try it. Thanks.

Claire Mackaness February 25, 2009 at 3:53 AM  

What a great idea Di! I'm off to raid the stationary cupboard at work!

jo February 25, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

That looks so cool Di!!!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com