Card Sketch March #1

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Here we area another Wednesday, another card sketch! This one is a favorite of mine, and will go right into my 'use again soon' pile! Also as a warning, there are lots of scallops this month! lol! I seem to be in a scallopy phase, sorry! lol!


This weeks sketch is based on an older card I had published last year in Just Cards. I love the card, and the sketch turned out out great too! I think you can see that the center of the frame is a transparency right? Just adhered the rub-on straight onto clear plastic transparency (I used leftover packaging, cos that's how I roll! I'm green and cheap lol!). Definitely use this design again though for sure!

"Thanks a bunch" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Paper & Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Chipboard frame: Heidi Swap; Flowers: Prima; Glitter: Stickles by Ranger;

Don't forget to link me up if you make a card with the sketch, I love to come check them out! Also make sure to scroll down and check out all the DT cards! They rocked this sketch!!!




"Happy Birthday" card by Liz Davidson
Supplies: Patterned paper by DCWV pad called florals, Stamped motif was a freebie from a craft magazine, chalk ink, brown roan colour. Plastic dew drops. Hobbycraft Ribbon.



"Journey" card by Jan Tatomir
Supplies: Paper, metal frame & chip: Making Memories; Lace: Wrights (vintage) Postcard: unknown; Velvet Ribbon: Strano Designs; Inks: Distress Ink



"Happy Birthday" card by Jackie Price
Supplies: 3bugs in a rug scraps



"Happy Birthday" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers – Chatterbox; Sentiment stamp - Imaginisce; Buttons – American Crafts; Scalloped cardstock – Bazzill just the edge; Chipboard frame & ribbon – from stash



"You had me at hello" card by Chrys Rose
Supplies: Pink Paislee paper; Daisy Bucket rub on; Fancy Pants rub ons; Ranger stickles



"Happy birthday" card by Pearl Liu
Supplies: Bo Bunny It's My Party patterned papers and cardstock sticker , Bazzill Swiss Dot cardstock and Just the Edge



"Owl card" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper: October Afternoon; Stamp: Inkadinkado; Ink: Clearsnap; Flower: Prima; Button: KI Memories; Punch: Marvy Uchida; Machine Stitching



"Celebrate" card by Jo Willis
Supplies: Papermill card, My Mind’s Eye papers,Colorbox chalk ink, Maya Rd chipboard frame, acrylic paint, Creative Cafe rub-ons, Fancy Pants lace trim, Martha Stewart punch, Prima flowers, Waxy flax, vintage buttons, Dress me up buttons, beads and a brad.



"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders




Don't forget to link me up if you make a card with the sketch, I love to come check them out!

Di

3 comments:

Unknown March 4, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

Woo hoo, I'm first this week! :-)

My card is on my blog. Hope you like the stripes turned 90 degrees!

Freycob's Blog

Anonymous,  March 5, 2009 at 3:35 PM  

Thanks for the great card template! :)

Made by Mandy March 10, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

I love this sketch, I can see me using this one again.

Mandy's Card

Hope River is feeling better now.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com