Theme Thursday - Green

Thursday, March 5, 2009

For theme Thursday this month I want us all to go green! Yep kinda in honor of St Patrick's day but green can be so much more than a color! My favorite use of the word green is the environmental aspect, I'm a treehugger at heart and recycling and reusing has been my crafting mantra from the get go! There are many ways to be green in your creative projects this week I chose a few 'green' things which I'll detail below the pic.


Supplies: Paper: DCWV; Stamp: Fiskars; Flower: Prima; Other: markers, embroidery thread, brad, ribbon.

  1. Green.Looking at the card the first 'green' thing is obviously in the color scheme! It was the logical choice for a green theme so I went with it.
  2. Reduce. The second green thing is I made my own envelope using the same patterned paper. Maybe not an option for your favorite papers, but look at all those stack papers and see if you could use some for envelopes! Remember the first R is to reduce, reduce the amount of product you buy!
  3. Scraps & stash. Third is using materials already on hand. All these products were in my stash, they just needed bringing together
  4. Used supplies from outside scrapbooking sphere, on this the embroidery thread, and the brad. The brad is from an office supply store so I think it counts :)
  5. Stamps. Having had a love affair with Rub-ons for so long I now see that my love affair with stamps outgrowing it because they are just so darn thrifty! You can use them over and over. I tend to go for sentiment stamps rather than images, things I'll definitely use again kwim?
See easy! I'm not totally happy with the card, I think it has too much white, but I'm gonna let it just be. I'm working on a few 'hello', 'hi', 'just a note', 'thinking of you' type cards so this one will just pop into that stash :)

So what about you? Ready to green it up this month???

Di


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com