Monday Musings

Monday, March 2, 2009

Thanks for the concern regarding River "pukey guts" Hickman. She is doing MUCH better and is pretty much her normal self now. Scary 48 hours whilst she got over the vomiting, the diarrhea and the appetite loss. By Friday night she was keeping water down, and by Saturday night she was interested in food again. Now she's almost eating normally :)


So happy my Roo Roo is back, though I'll be happier once these two are back playing again and Sky isn't brooding over her sick buddy! Maybe in a day or so :)


In other news I got a BIG goodie box today! One of about 3 over the last few weeks!!! I have a HUGE stash of new goodies to play with, including the new Boxer papers (wait till you see the cute frog paper, the new turquoise dots, and the B&W floral!!!), a binding system to test drive, MAMBI new stuff, New Basic grey, some dies, some digi, some new digi software and well pretty much just lots of new stuff that I don't know what to look at first!

It's sometimes intimidating getting a pile of goodies at once, course now I have to find homes for all this, but hey that's a good problem to have right? Man I REALLY need some time to tidy up in here! I still want to move a sewing table in here, finish off my knitting project, and basically the other million and one things I have on my to-do list! Sheesh!

And yet, today I sat and read "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer! Damn that woman can write, love her writing style and the book didn't disappoint, but then I'm in a real book reading frenzy lately. I also think I needed the downtime after 48 hours of dog puke watch ;o)

3 comments:

Unknown March 3, 2009 at 3:42 AM  

Glad to hear River is on the mend Di.

Don't tell me you've read New Moon woman!!! I'm in the middle of a fantastic Jodi Picoult book and can't start reading NM til I've finished it! Is it as good as the Twilight series? I seriously could NOT put those books down!

Spot-On March 3, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

New Moon is the 2nd in the twilight series, I'm behind the times on her books. Honestly I preferred the first book and was kinda disappointed she did the whole Vampires vs Werewolves thing cos it's just overdone everywhere kwim? Great read though! She can definitely write well!

Oh I read some Jodi Picoult too :)

Jolene March 3, 2009 at 6:02 PM  

So glad to hear that River is getting back to normal. Enjoy all the new goodies!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com