if you're seeing this post

Saturday, February 28, 2009

if you're seeing this post well this means that I am too busy cleaning up after this one to post :(


River took sick yesterday and despite having projects to post I just haven't gotten around to the whole photographing, resizing, uploading etc. I had planned on doing it Friday but ended up permanently attached to the wet vac, carpet cleaner and paper towels. Plus just when I thought it couldn't get any worse she got diarrhea too!

We've been through this the past two years with River. It's obviously seasonal as it's always Jan/Feb time (and I remember cos I almost canceled my CHA trip last year). The first time it happened we took her to the vet and it was 8 days till she was better. Did I mention she didn't eat during that time? And barely drank water! Yeah I worry!


Yesterday was day 1 of the puking, pooping and refusing food. All my family will be like "OMG River refused food!!!!", yes she does when she's sick. You can see she wants it, but knows she'll throw it up so doesn't bother taking it. Smart girl! Wish me luck for the weekend that she gets better quick. Otherwise I may have to take out shares in Bounty kitchen towels!

Di


ps. The photo's were taken last year, she looks even more depressed than usual right now :)

6 comments:

Unknown February 28, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Poor River. Hope she's better soon Di.

My Maisy goes through stages like that - normally for a few days after we worm her, so every 3 months! YAY, I wormed her this morning!!!!!

We'll be puke picking together! ;-)

x

jo February 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

Nightmare Di!! Hope River feels better soon xx

Jolene February 28, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Hugs to sweet River. I'll buy stock in Bounty.

Christine February 28, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

I'm sorry River is sick. My last dog used to get sick a lot too. One of the vets told me to feed her yogurt and it worked. Maybe should could see if he could eat yogurt. The pup I have now LOVES yogurt!!!

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

Oh Di
Well we hope that River gets better soon, yeah like you say its not like her to not eat as we know, hope that she gets better soon, and bet sky is miserable to with river being like that, keep in touch chat thur
love
Mum/Dad

Ifat Art March 1, 2009 at 3:31 AM  

Oh... Poor River...
I hope she'll get better soon.

IfatArt

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com