Theme Thursday - Green

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Those that know me, know I love to reuse things, whether in scrapbooking, in the house or in the garden. Whenever something is headed for the trash or recycle I stop and think "what could I reuse this for"? I know this idea has been done before, heck I've posted it on my blog before, but the idea needs repeating: check your trash for embellishments!

One of my favorite things is the pop can tabs and garage 'oddments'. Now I don't know how long this has been in my 'little drawer of things to use' but I know I haven't bought soda in our house for a LONG time, so probably about a year old! As are the papers (by Imagination project who haven't been manufacturing paper for over a year!) and the ribbon is a scrap in my ribbon jar that was just long enough for the card :)


Supplies: Paper: Imagination Project; Stamp: EK Success; Ink: CTMH; Misc: Ribbon, Soda tab

In scrapbooking the 3 R's still apply.
  • Reduce the need for new product by using your stash!
  • Reuse products, use scraps, use stamps, and use products from non-scrapbooking sources
  • Recycle products you aren't going to use! Don't trash them! Give them away to friends/familyor freecycle

The newest thing on the card is the ink which I got earlier this year, and the stamp was mid 2008. All this means that YES I am diving into my stash again! After taking some time off from Manufacturer Monday and Stash Saturday I am feeling recharged and ready to tackle the challenges again! I know I need to for sure!

Di

2 comments:

Carol March 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Di, pretty clever use of something likea soda can opener...the card looks GREAT! Nice job being greeen... I too find myself storing odd shapes things and trying to reuse :)...

Rebecca March 12, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

I hope to see LOTS more projects using things we all have in our stash drawers. I've used pop tabs on a couple of cards and the recipients had a hard time figuring out what they were. Keep projects like this coming!!! Thanks for your continued inspiration.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com