Theme Thursday - Green

Thursday, March 19, 2009

As the theme is 'green' this month and I know what you're thinking "Di, that card is NOT green!", well Miss Doubting Thomas it is! And I don't just mean the leaves! I made this card in December and I was working through some Boxer projects and just used up some scraps to make a quick card (see green!). Anyway whilst making it I decided to just stamp a generic greeting (stamps are green!).

Supplies: Papers, stickers & Stamps: Boxer Scrapbooks; Die cut: Sizzix

However when it came to it in January I needed a birthday card, and at short notice! So I recycled! Does anyone else do this? All I did was cut a new strip of white cardstock adhered it to the card and trimmed it to size. Naturally as it was a small strip I used a scrap from my scrap stash. Then all I did was stamp a new greeting!

Supplies: Papers, stickers & Stamps: Boxer Scrapbooks; Die cut: Sizzix

I don't recycle cards like this often as I usually have a back up stash, but this design was perfect for the recipient and all that needed changing was the sentiment. Of course I could have simply made the card with no sentiment originally and saved some time, but where would be the fun in that? I just struggle to do cards with no sentiment, I'd rather recycle later :)

So have you got a card in your stash that needs a little green touch? Recycle it into something new!

Di

2 comments:

elnorac March 19, 2009 at 2:01 PM  

Love your green card! I often recycle cards I've received, and when I send cards to people I write on a separate piece of cardstock, which I slip inside the card. That way they can use the card later if they want to. I also slip the card and envelope into a larger envelope if I'm mailing it so the recipient has the right size envelope to use. Green is good.

Lyzzydee March 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM  

I am a recycler as well!! lovely card!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com