Card Sketch May #2

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

This weeks sketch is inspired by gift wrapping. The strips are very reminiscent of ribbon around a package, just a few little tweaks with embellishments and sentiments. Remember the brads as embellishments are just suggestions!


Nice and easy sketch this week, which usually means trouble for me, lol! After some deliberation on whether to use patterned paper or solid I went with this mix from DCWV Whimsy stack. The subdued polka dot means the sentiment shows up without too much work on my part, but it's interesting enough not to just be solid kwim?


"Hello" card by Di Hickman
Supplies: Paper: DCWV Whimsy Stack; Rhinestones: MAMBI; Alpha Sticker: Miss Elizabeths;



"Hugs" card by Ruth Trice
Supplies: Paper, letters and ribbon sticker by Cosmo Cricket, flowers by Prima and other, leaf punch by Leone Em, ribbon, Pebeo Pearl Touch and gems from stash.



"Congratulations" card by Celeste Brodnik
Supplies: Pattern Paper, Journaling Card: Cosmo Cricket; Jewels: Me & My Big Ideas; Glitter Glue: Stickles; Ink: Colorbox



"Fabulous" card by Pearl Liu
supply list : Glitz Design Audrey pps , Prima Rebellion journaling spot , Creative Imaginations sticker , Kaiser pearls & rhinestones



"Birthday Cupcake" card by Louise Connell
Supplies: Papers, stamp & brad ~ Imaginisce All kinds of Happy; Ribbon ~ HOTP; Scallop Circle Punch ~ Marvy



"Happy Birthday" card by Linda Flinders



Remember to link me up in the comments if you make a card with the sketch, I love to come check them out!

Di

3 comments:

Fab May 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM  

Hi Di ! I'm joining in with the fun this week. I hope you like my take of the sketch.

Owl Hoo Card !X
Fab

Anonymous,  May 13, 2009 at 8:33 PM  

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 13 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 14 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Made by Mandy May 18, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Love this sketch Di :)

Thanks for great inspiration every week DT girls. Here's my offering...

Mandy's Card

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com