Desktop Freebie & Card-a-day finale!

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good afternoon! I am feeling really happy and positive today :) Made some changes yesterday to my schedule and feeling a little less pressure already knowing that my load will be lighter than ever shortly, though I'll be busy studying for my fitness exams again then though, lol!

First up today I wanted to share this desktop freebie, it is afterall almost July and new month means we switch out the desktops for something seasonal I think don't you? July's desktop is available in my digital stores at: Di Hickman Designs, Scrapwow and soon to be at 3Scrapateers (if I get busy and get uploading!)


The desktop is made with my latest digital kit, released today called "Let Freedom Ring". It's a kit designed with patriotic pages in mind. The kit is loaded with 5 patterned papers, and coordinating solids, with 10 different embellishments (including word art, buttons, glitter borders, ribbons, frames and journaling spots) to make many patriotic pages celebrating 4th July or simply flying the flag! Though a few of the elements are American themed, the papers and majority of the embellishments could be used for any Red, White and Blue pages! On sale for just $2.50 thru July, available at Di Hickman Designs, Scrapwow and soon at 3Scrapateers!


And it's the final day of Make a Card a Day Month! Wow this month FLEW by! I waited till this afternoon to update so I could post yesterdays and today's card so that I can concentrate on July's new sketches tomorrow! Totally loved doing a card a day, but it did make me realize that a layout a day as a goal is a little optimistic! Definitely not something I am going to attempt in the upcoming months but hopefully one day!


I used yesterday's sketch to make this card using some Imagination Project papers, prima flower, and miscellaneous ribbon and buttons in my stash. I think I need to make more blank cards as this came together really quickly and could be used for ANY occassion!


Today's sketch is this one below. I love it for the scallops and the fact that it could work rotated, flipped and any size! So versatile!


I decided to keep to my theme of using scraps on my scraptable and used more Imagination Project. This time I paired it with a Queen & Co flower, Bazzil big brad and some misc ribbon. Not quite as I planned but I like it. I photographed it this way up but I like it rotated 90 degrees too!


So tomorrow is back to normal blogging, and it's a Wednesday so it's new card sketch day! I can't wait to share what the girls have been working on, but first I gotta get busy and get some designing done! See you in July!

Di

1 comments:

Made by Mandy July 2, 2009 at 4:17 AM  

Well done on completing a card a day. I did think you might struggle to get them all done what with your training and CPR course/ You must feel very pleased that you were able to stick to your goal.

Thanks for some great cards too :)

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com