Card a day - day weekend recap

Monday, June 29, 2009

Well I didn't get online hardly at all over the weekend, so here is a bit of a weekend recap! Friday I went out with some girlfriends for lunch and had a long chat, fun as always! Friday night was a night in with a few beers followed by a full days training at my Red Cross CPR/AED & First Aid course. Long Saturday it was too, watching training DVDs, doing the practical and then the exams. Good news is that I passed and my certificates should arrive soon! Yay! Saturday night we went out for a meal to celebrate and then chilled out at home. Sunday was a busy day! We went out and bought a BBQ! Neither of us has owned a BBQ before so that was fun. We did a trial run as we're thinking of a Summer Pool Party in a week or two with a small group of friends, should be fun! Of course the afternoon meant Pool time and I got some gardening done! Sunday evening we went out to eat with friends :) Phew, I swear I hardly stopped!


I did manage to get a card done for "make a card a day" in June on both Saturday and Sunday but didn't manage to get pics or update the blog so doing that now! Here is my card for Saturday's Sketch:



Again used IP papers, ohom rub-ons and some prima flowers finish it off nicely I think! Satuday I used a nice and simple sketch for Sunday cos I knew I was going to be busy again:



Again the card uses the IP papers and ohom rub-ons with some offray ribbon and JoAnns acrylic to finish it off. Simple yet effective!


Today I'll be using this sketch to make a card, hopefully, cos it's already gone 6pm and I am only just updating the blog! Seriously behind schedule today!


I can hardly believe the month is nearly over! I set out this month to do less work, and ended up doing more than normal... something wrong there? lol! I have changed focus so much this month so hardly surprising I feel like I am floundering a little. I have LOTS to do over the next week or so, need to get busy!

See you tomorrow for Monday and Tuesdays sketches/cards as tomorrow is the final day in the card a day challenge! Time flies!


Di

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com