Monday Musings

Monday, August 31, 2009

Well although he's still sick, Bob went off to work this morning as he had lots of meetings to attend. So sorry everyone at his work if you get sick, lol. Never known anyone have as much snot, seriously! Thankfully I don't seem to have picked up the flu bug, aside from a bit of a sniffle, which could be attributed to the wildfires here right now. Thankfully nothing close but yesterday morning the smell was pretty bad, guess it depends on the wind direction. We can see the clouds of smoke but so far our area is safe, I'll keep you posted.

I made a quick card this morning whilst making my sketch card for Wednesday, just something to add to my cards for heroes box. Speaking of which I really need to send that off this week!

Supplies: Paper: MAMBI; Cardstock: DCWV; Tape & Flower: Heidi Swapp; Rhinestone: Sulyn; Stamp: Boxer;

Last week I ate tomatoes out of the garden :) If you've never tasted homegrown tomatoes right off the vine, let me tell you: They are like a little peice of heaven! Seriously! If you grow ONE thing at home, make it tomatoes! Yum!


I sent off my AFAA reinstatement application today. Took a while to gather all the photocopies and other paperwork but hopefully everything goes through ok and I pass the exam :) Fingers crossed! Now I just need to go out and spend some money on new workout outfits *sigh* Some of the outfits I have are from over 10 years ago and are looking a little worse for wear. Elastic does strange things to clothes when it wears out huh? Anyway a trip to the sportswear store the next city over is on the agenda for this week (I tried Target already, not much there at all).

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

4 comments:

mum,  September 1, 2009 at 7:14 AM  

I know what you mean about the toms Di we have got quite a afew now and have given asome away at that, there is still lots in the greehouse too :-) yummy

Oh Ta for pics :-) like them lots

Anonymous,  September 1, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Pretty card, luv the paper! How do you get your paper to totally cover your card edge to edge?

Unknown September 2, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

I've got toms in the garden too, but so many are still green! I can see the nights drawing in and less sunshine resulting in a batch of green tomato chutney coming up!

We also planted 3 small, rectangular bins of potatoes this year and I dug just over 10lb up on Sunday! Woo, they were fab, white, light and fluffy!

Can't beat home produced veggies!

x

SAR girls September 2, 2009 at 6:07 AM  

My cherry tomatoes are finally producing more than one ripe one at a time! Yesterday I got a whole handful to enjoy! YUM.

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com