Card sketch February #1

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Argh day late and dollar short this week! Had a tough time this week with my schedule, teaching classes, working out myself, then had lunch with some girlfriends and basically just exhausted yesterday when I got home so I forgot to post on the blog! Yikes!

Anyway, this month I am taking a break from new sketches and revisiting some older sketches. Gives me a chance to recharge my creative batteries and make some changes in March ;)  Plus it will give me chance to get ahead again! lol!  For this month I decided to use some older sketches and give them a little pep. Remember to check my digital store for limited time freebies!


When making this card I knew I wanted to use the paper design as part of the embellishment but I added an acetate flower overlay in the corner to balance out the design. Also the ribbon was felted and quite heavy so a bow was going to add LOTS of dimension, instead I opted for a die cut and button.

Supplies: Papers & Die Cut: Autumn Leaves; Button: Bazzill; Rub-on: one heart... one mind; Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket; Acetate flower: Heidi Swapp


Revisiting some more previous sketches every Wednesday this month! Stay tuned

Di

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com