Manufacturer Monday - Autumn Leaves

Monday, February 15, 2010

Last week of the Autumn Leaves challenge using this line of paper :) I used every last scrap and as always when I get to the bottom of the barrel so to speak I turn to this card design every time. It is just classic for using those scraps of papers, strips and because the papers all coordinate in the same line the the card design doesn't suffer. If I have more of one paper I just add inking to the edges to differentiate between the strips of paper.

Tip
Sometimes with rub-ons we end up with multiple words that have a common theme but aren't really striking enough to use on their own as a card sentiment. What I do is apply multiple rub-on words to a strip of cardstock and make the strip the sentiment. In essence it's like creating your own text paper.

Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper & Die Cut: Autumn Leaves: Rub-ons: one heart... one mind; Ink: Close to my Heart;

In this line were some die cuts, and I really didn't know what to do with the butterflies. I added one to this card, and although I think it looked better before I think the addition of the butterfly die cut makes it much better! I bent the wings back along the edge of the body and adhered the body center to the cards with adhesive, making the die cut 3D. Hard to tell on the photo, looks much better IRL.


Supplies: Cardstock: DCWV; Paper & Die Cut: Autumn Leaves: Rub-ons: one heart... one mind;

You can see one final card with this Autumn Leaves line on Wednesday, with the card sketch. Next week is more Autumn Leaves but moving onto their MOD line. More projects to come!

Di

2 comments:

Bernice,  February 15, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I love the card with the beautiful butterfly, but I was surprised to see the sentiment has a spelling mistake...it should ready "sorry you're sick". Otherwise, a lovely card.

Spot-On February 16, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Yep Bernice as always that's manufacturers putting out product without checking for grammar/spelling. The sentiment it a rub-on and heck I am using it mistake or not!

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for coming to my blog! I love getting comments and read each one. If you'd rather email me instead please contact me at: dihickmanblog@gmail.com